There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
These pictures were taken a few hundred feet back from my property line, the concrete column shown was placed by the farmer who owned the property back in the late 1940's and his initials and the date are scribed into the top of the column. Look at the vertical column of poison ivy vines growing between the concrete column and the steel fencepost. I would get closer for a better quality picture but the ground in this area is a thicket of poison ivy !!!

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 599
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 664
   / There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #2  
That is a thick vine.... that should've been whacked years ago...

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY
That is a thick vine.... that should've been whacked years ago...

The site shown is at least 900 feet from any dwelling and on both sides of the fencerow is farmland. Odds are I am the only person who is even aware of the PI. I got permission from the landowner to dump a road kill deer carcass back there a few years ago and saw the PI then.

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #4  
Have you ever looked at the liquid that oozzes out of a cut poison-Ivy vine. We had some over 2 inches thick...I BET thet Liguid is almost LETHAL???

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #5  
Have you ever looked at the liquid that oozzes out of a cut poison-Ivy vine. We had some over 2 inches thick...I BET thet Liguid is almost LETHAL???

maybe - but not to those who are immune.

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #6  
maybe - but not to those who are immune.

ARE there really any Humans Immune to Poison ivy..?? I know my Father could walk right in for years and work all around it.. Then one year it nearly ruined his arm and back...He avoided it from then on..Myself I have no doubt it is horrible..

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY
ARE there really any Humans Immune to Poison ivy..?? I know my Father could walk right in for years and work all around it.. Then one year it nearly ruined his arm and back...He avoided it from then on..Myself I have no doubt it is horrible..

There is another thread on TBN right now about PI and more than a few posts about immunity...as for me I have never known anybody immune to the stuff.

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #8  
Apparently you can acquire some degree of immunity, at least for a time, via consuming a tinture of poison ivy daily. It takes a few weeks of use for it to kick in. Various versions are sold, as drops or tablets,that can be found on Amazon.

Nick

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #9  
I was immune for many years, then I caught the rash. About 10 years later, I got a case so bad on my hands and arms that my fingers and hands were so swollen I couldn't come close to making a fist. It looked almost like I was wearing boxing gloves! I do my best to avoid it, but I still got a mild case a couple weeks ago. I sure wish there was a market for the stuff with the amount on our property.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #10  
My neighbor told me, "that if you allow your goats to graze in the poison ivy and you drink their milk, you'll get better or not get it" (don't remember which). Never thought, I'd think too much of goat milk.