Bandit brothers

/ Bandit brothers #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Took my 3 cats out this morning about 8 am, and thankfully saw these two critters sleeping in the grass before the felines could get close enough....they were about 300 feet from the house. I thought it was just one but then as they stretched up I realized there were two. While keeping a wary eye out for the mother coon, I took them out two cans of wetted cat food plus a large tray of water. I am hoping the mom shows up, no sign that she might be roadkill out front....makes me sad these little guys are abandoned. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 179
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 153
   / Bandit brothers #2  
oh boy, they sure are cute. be careful though, they might get real used to staying close by and they have sharp teeth and like to eat meat, your cats and fingers are made of meat. :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

/ Bandit brothers #3  
Ideas, Man,, you have fed them, they can get real used to that..we have a surplus to Raccoons here..Do our best not to feed them..IF you like them,,,They Love dry cat food too, it is alot easier and cheaper..The small ones are playful, if mom's not around..beware of fleas and ticks..

/ Bandit brothers
I am NOT keeping them around, just feel so sad for them, starving and dehydrated when it's 93 outdoors....

/ Bandit brothers #5  
Once you feed them, they'll be around.

/ Bandit brothers #6  
I am NOT keeping them around, just feel so sad for them, starving and dehydrated when it's 93 outdoors....

Ouch, Michigan is up to 93.. We had 101 on Sunday, it was sticky hot muggy afternoon..My Ac was set at 78, and i stayed in it most of the day. we expect 96 today due to cool front..I know you missed the snow this year, so how are the insects? Ticks?

/ Bandit brothers #7  
Around here racoons are known for rabies...
I shot one once walking across my front yard probably 30 years ago in the middle of the day...
By the time I got the gun he was walking in a stupor across the side porch of the house...
I am sure that he was on the verge of being rabid...

/ Bandit brothers
Around here racoons are known for rabies...
I shot one once walking across my front yard probably 30 years ago in the middle of the day...
By the time I got the gun he was walking in a stupor across the side porch of the house...
I am sure that he was on the verge of being rabid...

Yes, normally I hate raccoons and have trapped a lot of the adult ones but those little guys...I would have felt bad letting them suffer. All our cats are kept up to date on rabies shots and four of them are never permitted outside unless supervised. The fifth one is a real bada** and cannot be stopped from roaming.

Jonyyuma...does seem like a very mild year for bugs, have seen few ticks, few skeeters, have only trapped about 150 Jap beetles in four traps over 2 weeks.

/ Bandit brothers #9  
I normally eliminate any coons that take up residence near my house or barn. If I can live trap I will but they need to move further away. We were tearing down an old barn and heard some noise in the walls. Found these little guys living in there. I just left them alone until the next morning hoping mama would move em. She did. I'm glad, they were pretty cute.

image-3595865159.jpg

image-3015530845.jpg

Chuck