Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Default Re: Need a Power/Pressure washer recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Thanks again everyone. I am going to give this one a try

Karcher G3050OH-BONUS - 3000 PSI (Gas Cold-Water) Pressure Washer w/Honda Engine & Bonus Offer

I have heard good things, Honda motor, big wheels to get around the property and good output. A little more than i wanted to spend but i have purchased and re-purchased enough equipment to learn the "cry once" rule.
    I looked at this one...I didn't think my well GPM was adequate.
    Do look around...seems like the price I saw was less then $500.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC29,Ford Jubilee

Think you may be disappointed with the axial cam pump,they don't hold up well.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd 2520

Quote Originally Posted by tow653 View Post
    Think you may be disappointed with the axial cam pump,they don't hold up well.
    agreed...
    Get one with a good pump.Engine is important but not as much as the pump... That is where the work is. If you buy one with a no name pump,odds are it wont hold up for long and they have a reputation as "one season wonders". Get one that has the pump advertized . Like a General.Cat,Comet,AR (Annovi Reverberi),etc...and preferably a triplex pump.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester

always had a cheap electrical 110v power washer.

garden house faucets always end on opposite side of house than what i need them on. but same thing for electrical. it is not that bad to drag extension cords around. since ya already need to drag garden hose around.

on the todo list. is tie into the hot water line in the house, and place a second garden hose faucet outside right beside the cold water garden hose faucet. so i can have hot and cold. and then use a couple short hoses 1' if that. and a garden hose valve Tee. to adjust cold and hot water.

2000psi give or take a couple hundred, seems to do a good enough job for me. even with just using standard cold water coming out the garden hose.

generally wait near end of fall when close outs happen. for outdoor equipment aka pressure washers. and get a good deal any were from 40 to 70 percent off. if it lasts a little over a year ok, that stinks, but generally had descent luck with what ever cheapo i can get. that last 3 to 7 years. all the pressure washers i have had, (110v) you could dismantal with some screws and replace seals and like. but normally by the time they failed, it was time for new anyhow. (cords and hoses getting cracked, switches getting ugly, gun and nozzles getting roughed up pretty good, 0-rings, etc... starting to go, etc...)

my dislike about gas engines no matter what they are, pressure washer, riding lawn mower, trimmer, etc... is i have to spend extra time to drain gas, or put some sort of carb cleaner / fuel stabilzer in it. so the carb does not get all gummed up. and/or completely drain fuel out of it when done to protect carb. and if carb does get gummed up. then a rebuild kit is in order to get things back running. which cost extra cash.

with above spend roughly 75 bucks every couple years, or spend 500 plus for a gas engine pressure washer, and then nickle dime me, from just filling it up with gas, to oil for engine, to air filter pad, to other.... also if gas pressure washer does not have big diameter wheels, trying to pull it across the yard seems more trouble than it is worth vs just picking the thing up and carrying it.
    Ryan

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson gc2400

Thanks for the Pump call out, I was about to pull the trigger. My gear can stay dirty for another week while i keep looking.....

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Thanks for the Pump call out, I was about to pull the trigger. My gear can stay dirty for another week while i keep looking.....
    BTW, that's one reason I went for the AR 383...has a triplex pump.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12