Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gio
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson gc2400

Default Need a Power/Pressure washer recommendation

Hi all!

I decided to stop borrowing my friends pressure washer and buy my own. I have been surfing around and can't seem to get a good feel for which brand i should buy.

I will be washing a small tractor, a couple of Cars, the farm truck, my Gravely and the house. I don't need huge power but i really want something that will last or can be repaired easily. My budget is around 450.

If anybody has a recommendation or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Gio

Tractor
    John Deere 820 utility, John Deere 5525, 997 JD Zmower, Komatsu PC 35 miniExcavator

Default Re: Need a Power/Pressure washer recommendation

I like mine from Nortern tool. It is the 110v electric one with a cat pump. Must have a dedicated cicuit.
    Works well and much better than the others I've tried. I need to get the same model with a gas engine for another job...

Gio
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson gc2400

Thanks Wnc. Really need a Gas powered machine. My 100 year old house is a little light on outside outlets...and breakers.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

I bought an electric pressure washer (Amazon.com: AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI 1.5 GPM 14 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel: Patio, Lawn & Garden) which I'm quite happy with...
    However, since you want a gas unit, the main thing I can add is to ensure your well can keep up with it's GPM requirements. My well doesn't put out a high GPM (about 2 GPM) which is why I bought the one I did...does do a great job though!
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Gio
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson gc2400

Good thought Roy. I think I have pretty decent pressure. The outside hydrant pumps pretty good but I will check it out.

Gio

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Good thought Roy. I think I have pretty decent pressure. The outside hydrant pumps pretty good but I will check it out.

Gio
    Pretty easy to do...just need a 1 gallon container and a time piece...
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    N/A

I have a Hotsy gas powered with the oil fired hot water, has the Robin/Subaru engine. Think it is like 2800 psi and about 4 gal a minute. Never had a lick of trouble with it in the 7 years I have had it. The hot water is really the nuts when cleaning oily greasy stuff. By the way I never really need to go above 175 degrees with the hot water, just melts all that goo away.

John Deere 4700 - FEL & Backhoe
    McCormick C80L - FEL
    Bolens G152

Silver Member
    Tractor
    new holland and a ford

I bought a gas powered Homelite from Home Depot (chinese, I am sorry to say) for about $350.. Does everything I need it to, wash down my tractors andequipment; p/w my vinyl siding, p/w down the patio and dog area.. Used it to wash down the deck of my pool. It has 4 nozzles (easy in and out) for the various pressures and width of spray you want. Had a Devillbis which was heavy and clunky; you adjusted the spray level by a slider taht was in the wand, but it was often difficult and didn't work. These removable nozzles are much easier; and the machine is light and eay to wheel around.

Gold Member

I'm in NS so bear that in mind.
    Bought this one BE Power Washer | Pressure Washer, 3100 PSI, 7HP Powerease , Gas, Horizontal, With Low Oil Alert | Home Depot Canada from Home Depot for $300, works great, loads of power, my only complaint is the idiot engineer that designed the cart should be shot. Since when do you design a piece of wheeled equipment that you have to lift up to move, the wheels are on the front with the stationary foot at the rear. Chinese engine is the only thing I'm leary of but saying that it starts right up and sounds good......Mike

Gio
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson gc2400

Thanks again everyone. I am going to give this one a try

Karcher G3050OH-BONUS - 3000 PSI (Gas Cold-Water) Pressure Washer w/Honda Engine & Bonus Offer

I have heard good things, Honda motor, big wheels to get around the property and good output. A little more than i wanted to spend but i have purchased and re-purchased enough equipment to learn the "cry once" rule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast