Markie61's TC40D Photo Album

/ Markie61's TC40D Photo Album
Re: Markie61\'s TC40D Photo Album

Mirrors and lites added used during winter for plowing. Took them off now that days are longer.

Attachments

• 277300-MirrorLite.jpg
    277300-MirrorLite.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 363

Switch for auxilliary lighting. Found at Lowe's for less than $4 and fits perfectly in knock-out. (It's the one on the right).

Attachments

• 277301-Switches.jpg
    277301-Switches.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 360

View of light/mirror stalks. 1" square tube mounted on loader uprights (holes already there).

Attachments

• 277302-Lites Side.jpg
    277302-Lites Side.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 324
   / Markie61's TC40D Photo Album #14  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the battery's acid is pulled into the radiator and spills down onto the frame )</font>

Mark, I got a new radiator installed on my tractor under warranty and I think you should too. I really believe our problem is the grill opening on top of the hood. Long before your tractor was delivered, water or rain probably went into the grill and collected on top of the battery becoming an acid solution from residue. When the tractor is started, the fan pulls that solution directly into the radiator. I rinse my battery off frequently with lots of water and my new radiator shows no signs of any continuing problem.

...and by the way. This is a nice series of pictures. I wish I had a similar loader bucket on my tractor. I may change to that style later. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Markie61's TC40D Photo Album #15  

Markie:

I like your easyweights, they look just like the ones I made for my 5030. Of course I looked at the pictures of the easyweights before fabbing them.

Attachments

• 278753-weights.jpg
    278753-weights.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 248

They are a lot easier than factory weights since I take them off everytime I mow. I already have about 600lbs per tire of washer fluid. By removing the loader and weights, keeping my tire pressure to 15psi rear/16psi front, and taking it easy around corners I find that I am not tearing up the ground so much or leaving tire tracks.

Mark

/ Markie61's TC40D Photo Album #17  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They are a lot easier than factory weights since I take them off everytime I mow. I already have about 600lbs per tire of washer fluid. Mark )</font>

My owners manual for my TC33D says not to use both wheel weights and fluid filled tires at the same time. I know you have a bigger tractor but you may want to see what your manual says about using both.

Thanks. I checked before I added the EZWeights, but I checked again (once I hit 40, I don't remember everything like I used to .... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Manual says in bold print: "NOTE: Rear wheel weights can be used with liquid ballast."

Further, the charts say max wheel weight per wheel is 420lbs - I use 400lbs. So total ballast = appx. 1600lbs.

When I move oak firewood on pallets (1/3 cord) I add a 3ph weight (55 gal drum filled with cement and bluestone gravel.) I have no idea how much my total weight is then, but needless to say I only do it on fairly dry days, take it slow, and keep everything low to the ground.

Mark

Here's a picture of the old counterweight. Just a drum with bluestone gravel in it. My father-in-law made it and it's been in the woods for years.....
Mark

Attachments

• 288126-counterweight.JPG
    288126-counterweight.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 230

Had the camera out today and thought I'd add a couple pictures to my album. Here is the manlift I made to fit on my pallet forks. It's made from 2 pallets nailed together and some old porch railing, plus a new floor. I was using it to paint my new tractor shed. The base of the shed was an old sawdust pit - posts set in the ground with 3 walls of 2x10 nailed to them. I added uprights, a roof and walls.
Mark

Attachments

• 326133-Manlift.JPG
    326133-Manlift.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 192