Tractor boneyard visit.

/ Tractor boneyard visit.
I use the word junkyard, scrapyard, and boneyard as meaning the same, I'm sorry if this confused anyone. The place in the pictures is a used parts place. There was a scrap iron trailer rig being loaded while I was there but this place gleans off whatever can be useful.

I just learned of another smaller place with older ag equipment and low prices. Going to be checking them out when I get a chance. I had just as much fun in the yard with the dead equipment as going to a farm show featuring the shiny new stuff.

What a deal on the donor combines, the thought of not having to buy tires for awhile must make you happy.

/ Tractor boneyard visit. #12  
Here alot of folks dont see the value at the scrapmetal yard they see 10 cents a pound. I had a friend wanting to build a Caddigger but needed a valve he ordered all the steel and a 300 dollar 4 bank valve. I went to the junk yard and got a 6 bank valve for 15 dollars that didnt leak. I like the junk/salvage yards to, cant wait to get my binders home traded for a Deere today running gonna take the header off and drive it 10 miles home. I had a freind one time bought a cotton picker at a salvage yard and used the arts to make a leaf vacuum and grinder for his Kubota. I t worked great when it vacuumed the tank full it could be blown on the flower beds and also the woods. I d like to make a hay blower for my landscaping business. He may have had 75 dollars in the whole thing. Ill try to find some pictures of his machine. Our tin yard here had bought out a tractor dealer somwhere and laid the gas axe to 2 new 60 inch tooth bars, made me sick knowing how many folks here would like one.