Redneck construction scaffolding

/ Redneck construction scaffolding #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
A stack of 2'X3'X8" high wood pallets....works well, portable, cheap, rustproof....:laughing:

These were originally used to package new Dell servers where I worked, I saved about 25 of them...amazingly handy for the places a ladder will not fit easily.

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 497
   / Redneck construction scaffolding
Good idea. Innovative. :thumbsup:

It may not look safe, but before I climb atop it I will pound a pair of fence posts into the ground to keep the stack vertical, and use a ratchet strap tiedown to cinch the stack together. I need to work in the area above the pallet stack, and stepladders and extension ladders are not a practical solution or height.

/ Redneck construction scaffolding #4  
It may not look safe, but before I climb atop it I will pound a pair of fence posts into the ground to keep the stack vertical, and use a ratchet strap tiedown to cinch the stack together. I need to work in the area above the pallet stack, and stepladders and extension ladders are not a practical solution or height.

I like your safety additions. This sounds pretty safe.

/ Redneck construction scaffolding
Just an update: Pics show pallets braced and tiedown attachment. And the reason I needed such a weird setup, have to replace part of sheathing by chimney, water wicks over to the sheathing and has partly rotted out the area by the chimney. It's a terribly awkward place to work, standing on a ladder is not practical because one would have to lean out a long way. Thought about using the FEL on my Deere but decided to built the scaffold instead. Those who follow my posts will remember I had a problem with honeybees in the firewood cabinet...well, this is how they were getting in.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 264