Work trip, Golfing with deer

/ Work trip, Golfing with deer #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
My nephew and I am on a work/golf when we can trip. Took today to golf in Alamosa Colorado, Mule deer every where, quite comical. The photo he took of me after waiting for the doe to inspect the ball! A while latter a Red Fox ran over to check a ball he hit, but was to fast to get a photo.

Attachments

• golfing in Colorado.jpg
    golfing in Colorado.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 291
   / Work trip, Golfing with deer #3  
Hey western suppost to keep it in the fairway:D

/ Work trip, Golfing with deer
Hey western suppost to keep it in the fairway:D

:laughing: Right!!, guess you wouldn't buy it that I was inspecting it for hay production!:D

And that was the "good" shot too:laughing: The muscle relaxers really helped.

We probably had 50 deer on the course total.

/ Work trip, Golfing with deer #5  
They suppost to have a really nice course off 155 going to Tyler Texas,havent played it yet but plan on it. We usually just go to Pert,or Elkhart cost like $25bucks and short trip from house but I have played in cple different states Florida and Illinois,Florida was super nice but my ball found every sand trap.

/ Work trip, Golfing with deer #6  
And just when I thought I heard it all ! Good one blameing deer dung on course for lack of skill and high scores. :laughing:

Also real golfers have caddy's ! ;)
Neat pic and story Dennis/ Thanks 4 posting that.
(couldn't help with the teaseing)

Boone

The Geese are a problem, they like to sit and crap on the greens, some times it can be significant, this course didn't have that problem, but many I have played in Colorado do. The deer really dont eat on the greens or fairway's, they prefer the weedy forbes that get fertilized and watered de-facto while the course is maintained.

I like playing if I can while out of town, my back has become an issue, but I like trying news course that I normally wouldn't travel to. One of the best course for the money I have played in Texas, is Pheasanttrails GC in of all places, Dumas Texas. $18 + cart fee and the Greens riveled any course I've played.

I will try to post some photos of the course we visit this month, it will be cool and great golf weather, If my Sciatica can stay controlled with meds:laughing:

/ Work trip, Golfing with deer #8  
One of my two favorite golf courses was Pipestem in West Virginia and you're on top of the mountain. It may be the only course I've played with deer and turkeys on the course. On one very wide fairway, there was a buck standing at the right edge of that fairway and my brother hit a good drive down the left edge of the fairway. But the instant he hit the ball, that buck ran flat out across the fairway and headed that ball off. The ball bounced one time and hit the deer in the ribs. Now I'm sure that wasn't why that deer ran across the fairway, but I also didn't see or hear any other reason.:laughing:

Today we drove over the "million dollar road" from Durango to Montrose Colorado, Nothing else to do, so i took a couple of photos for those who may be interested. The trees ( ASPENS) are starting to turn color, but my cell phone camera was not to great.

1st photo of Silverton CO. from hwy above, 2nd is Ouray (named after the Ute Indian chief ) from hwy above.

0910120809.jpg

0910120900.jpg