RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Did a few postholes. The customer had a cool '66 Ford that was purchased new by his grandfather and passed down to him. It has a swapped-in 302, the bed was built by his father and it has just 46K and change on the odometer.
Chris1.jpgChris2.jpgChris3.jpgChris4.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #132  
I've got a question for you. I am finishing up a road that required geo fabric 7.5' wide under the base. The fabric comes in a 15' wide roll so I had to cut it in half. I had one heck of a time cutting it.

I tried a chain saw but it just melted the edges together and it wouldn't unroll. Next I tried a Skill saw, it wrapped around the blade. Then I tried a reciprocating saw, no go. The only way I was able to cut it was with a razor utility knife and finnish it with a hand saw. Which was painfully slow.

Is there a better way to cut a whole roll in half?

image-1258451052.jpg

image-1796210554.jpg

I used to use a sawzall to cut rolls and then just deal with the frays with a utility blade as I went. Now I use the chainsaw method which has worked out pretty well. If the geo is still melting you might try running water on it to keep it cool while you cut.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #134  
I tried two different type blades on my sawz all, it just wouldn't work for me. The fabric seemed to move back and forth with the blade.

Water you say? Duh! Why didn't I think of that!!! I'll be sure and give it a try next time! Thanks!

You would think that anyone with an ounce of common sense would know better than to try to pull a batwing through this. I guess this guy was short of an ounce...
Oops.jpg

My rental guy sent me the photo. The same customer left the jack down on the rental trailer and took off down the road. Whatever the jack hooked...bent the center of the tongue, the top rail and wasted the jack. This guy ran up a bill for over $2k in damages and extraction fees in one day.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #139  
My rental guy sent me the photo. The same customer left the jack down on the rental trailer and took off down the road. Whatever the jack hooked...bent the center of the tongue, the top rail and wasted the jack. This guy ran up a bill for over $2k in damages and extraction fees in one day.

$1900 of which was for extracting his head from his ***, right?

Another re-grade and an RV pad.

Here's a before shot.
AB1.jpg

Working the edges with the Ratchet Rake.
AB2.jpgAB5.jpg

The owner didn't have time to move his trailer. Figures it'd have a flat.
AB3.jpgAB4.jpg

RV pad graded and done.
AB6.jpg

Job completed.
AB7.jpg