RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #151  
R.D. you do very nice work . I just looked at your photo thread and am impressed . How do you keep such nice straight tidy edges on those new rock driveways ?Iam sure your phone will keep ringing . Good luck .

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Thanks Kevin. The trick to nice edges is to pull material along the edge with the box blade, go slow enough to control the height of the BB, and not to make too many passes which pushes too much material to the edge. If time and the job allow, I like to use the loader to make two or three bucket-load piles every few feet about a foot from each edge after spreading the initial layer and then spread the piles from there. Final grading with the BB is much easier with a full box. That especially holds true for crushed rock without fines.

Gravel Spreading.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #153  
I'm starting a petition to have RDrancher video his jobs for YouTube, a la Vantagetes or Billstmaxx (two of my favs). Who wants to sign? :thumbsup:

HA! I'm planning on getting a GoPro this spring since I need videos for my website. My favs on youtube are letsdig18 and BobcatNinja2124. Both of those guys are exceptional operators! Its also been fun watching JimHowDigsDirt progress from a "what in the world is he doing?" operator into a pretty good one.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #155  
I'm starting a petition to have RDrancher video his jobs for YouTube, a la Vantagetes or Billstmaxx (two of my favs). Who wants to sign? :thumbsup:

HA! I'm planning on getting a GoPro this spring since I need videos for my website. My favs on youtube are letsdig18 and BobcatNinja2124. Both of those guys are exceptional operators! Its also been fun watching JimHowDigsDirt progress from a "what in the world is he doing?" operator into a pretty good one.

Where do we sign LJH?

RD, I'll be checking out those videos until yours are uploaded. :D

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #156  
letsdig18 and BobcatNinja2124 - yup, both in my subscription list. Haven't check out JimHowDigsDirt but I sure will, thanks. That's pretty much where I'm at - still faking it and learning as I go.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #157  
Check out Diesel Power TV . Lot's of old Cat equipment and good operator . This guy has the patience of a saint .

Here's a couple of small jobs. On both of them I actually waited longer for material than it took to do the jobs.

Little backyard fill job.
Wren1.jpg Wren2.jpg

Roadbase for a couple of small driveways at a duplex. Spreading wet roadbase is the worst!
Shoreline1.jpg Shoreline2.jpg Shoreline3.jpg Shoreline4.jpg Shoreline5.jpg Shoreline6.jpg

The view of Lake Lewisville across the road.
Shoreline7.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #159  
RD, couple questions, please.

On that small a section in the driveway why wouldn't they go ahead with concrete to the street?

I haven't seen you put up anything with 'wash out'. Do you use it? What has been your experience, if any, with it?
Thanks!

two bit - These are rentals and they wanted to get them repaired inexpensively. If I would have quoted concrete it would have cost three times as much.

By "wash out", do you mean concrete wash out?