RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #161  
two bit - These are rentals they wanted to get them repaired inexpensively.

By "wash out", do you mean concrete wash out?

Yes, concrete wash out. I had some put down on a driveway years ago and it lasted well. Sold the place long ago and haven't been by to see if it's still holding up. Seemed like a good fix.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
I usually don't use cement based materials for driveways. Nothing wrong with the product, but the feedback I've gotten from customers is the level of dust compared to a limestone or granite aggregate. I've never noticed a difference, but around here I can get limestone at close to the same price as recycled concrete so I don't bother with it much. I will say that recycled concrete and recycled asphalt are the easiest aggregates to grade.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #163  
I usually don't use cement based materials for driveways. Nothing wrong with the product, but the feedback I've gotten from customers is the level of dust compared to a limestone or granite aggregate. I've never noticed a difference, but around here I can get limestone at close to the same price as recycled concrete so I don't bother with it much. I will say that recycled concrete and recycled asphalt are the easiest aggregates to grade.

Seems I recall that after the wash out set up there was no noticeable dust. I can't recall what the cost was when I had it put in that DW years ago but it was cheap or I wouldn't have used it. :laughing:

Seems I recall that after the wash out set up there was no noticeable dust. I can't recall what the cost was when I had it put in that DW years ago but it was cheap or I wouldn't have used it. :laughing:

Well, send some of that stuff over this way and I'll get to selling it! :D

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #165  
Well, send some of that stuff over this way and I'll get to selling it! :D

Well, like I said I haven't seen it in several years. I was commenting not so much on the quality of wash out as on my being cheap.

You are doing excellent with what you're using. :thumbsup:

I got a tip yesterday about a start-up concrete batch plant in the area that also had a bunch of crushed, screened asphalt, crushed concrete and select fill dirt. After some vague directions and a few wrong turns, I finally found the place. The owner's a pretty interesting guy. He started and owned two batch plants, sold them both and tried to retire both times, but kept running out of money. This new venture is called Last Chance Concrete. Like I said...he's a pretty interesting guy.

Last Chance1.jpg Last Chance2.jpg Last Chance3.jpg Last Chance4.jpg

Well...TODAY was Monday!

Started out grading out a gravel driveway and ended up spending the rest of the day getting my tractor to the dealer. My NH was dead in the driveway with the bucket and BB on the ground. I picked up a Kubota MX4700 rental to get the NH outta there and finish the job up tomorrow. Of course...while I was trying to figure things out with Jinman on the phone...the gravel shows up. A special thanks to Jinman for running through what may have caused the breakdown with me and for the moral support!
Third1.jpg Third2.jpg

This is NOT how you should transport a tractor. Loader wedged up off the deck and strapped down to keep the wedges from bouncing out, and the BB strapped up to the ROPS...and down to the trailer. You do what you gotta do...
Third3.jpg

Here are the loader arms wedged up with 1x3 stakes I had in the truck. It held (barely) for the trip to the dealership.
Third4.jpg

You know, it just dawned on me how thankful I am that this happened today. Since it's MLK day, my boy was out of school and went to work with me. This would have been a much bigger problem if it had happened tomorrow, when I'll be working alone again. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / RDrancher's Photo Thread #169  
That sucks. Fuel problems or ?

That sucks. Fuel problems or ?

Thinking that the shaft in the injector pump may have broken. I'll know for sure tomorrow after the service guy checks it out. Hoping for something small.