RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Here's a few photos from my job today. Treated corral board borders, a few 4" cross-drains, geotextile fabric and 5" of compacted base. Tomorrow the driveway will get a 1" topping of Red River peagravel.

Kruger 01.jpgKruger 03.jpgKruger 04.jpg

Finished off the job today. A nice rain shower came through along with a nice breeze. I got soaked to my socks, but it did cool it down nicely. :thumbsup:

Kruger 06.jpgKruger 07.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #13  
Nice work!! I understand being "picky":laughing: I am picky when working for others, but seemed to waiver on my personal projects, IDK why:laughing: Thanks for the photos,

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #14  
Great Pics!!! I really enjoyed seeing them and all the different types of jobs that you do.

Eddie

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #15  
Thanks for sharing I enjoyed it. Really like the gravel drive with the red river rock. From your experience how does it hold up over time?

MarkV

Well, it's pea gravel, so if it's put in too thick it'll move all over the place, and it does take more maintenance. I don't suggest it for an everyday driveway, especially if the drive has turns in it. This particular driveway will be used mainly for parking their small RV. I don't like doing borders since I have to get off the machine :D , but it will help hold the material in place. I have my supplier mix a brown colored base with screenings and then compact the base real tight, then top it with no more than 2" of pea gravel. If the base shows through over time, at least its brown in color. When a customer wants small aggregate I like to put crushed screenings down over the base instead of pea gravel since it holds together better, but some folks really want the "look".

Screenings spread over the top of a re-graded driveway.

Oak Haven After.jpgOak Haven Before.jpg

Sometimes you have to roll late to git er done. Sure glad this guy had lights!

Frisco Gravel 01.jpg

Here's a few photos of a job from the beginning of this week. I finally figured out how to get the photos in the correct order...now I just have to get the week in order...eh? :confused2: :laughing:

Doverspike Before.jpg Doverspike Before Graded.jpg Doverspike During.jpg Doverspike After05.jpg Doverspike After01.jpg

The other day I saw a skid steer clearing off a lot for a new home in a subdivision up the street from my place. Since the soil here is pretty poor clay I figured they'd be excavating, importing select fill and compacting before digging the foundation. I guess I was wrong. Coming back from lunch today I saw that they had started forming for concrete. The soil in and around the forms is fluffed-up fill and the finish elevation is over a foot below the street level. This is in an area of very poor drainage as well. I guess I should title these photos, How Not To Build A House Pad?

Bad pad 01.jpgBad pad 02.jpg