Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast
    Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

Default Re: RDrancher's Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    I'm sure that's what your favorite landscaper was counting on.

I'd wait 'till dark & egg his house.

glad I didn't have a drink in my mouth when I read that, I would have choked laughing

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    I'm sure that's what your favorite landscaper was counting on.

I'd wait 'till dark & egg his house.
    If it was a commercial job, his sprinklers would get accidentally graded into oblivion.

The homeowner wasn't too happy and gave me the guys business card. Once he gets off shift from his real job, I've got a few thoughts to share with him.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by RDrancher

If it was a commercial job, his sprinklers would get accidentally graded into oblivion.

The homeowner wasn't too happy and gave me the guys business card. Once he gets off shift from his real job, I've got a few thoughts to share with him.
    If your property catches on fire, is he one of the firfighters for your area? If so, choose your means of communication carefully. Just a thought.

I agree, I'd be exceedingly frustrated with someone messing up the work I take pride in. At least you know your customer understood the situation, and he takes pride in your work, as well.
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Iwould love to hear that conversation .

Tractor

Started a lot clearing job this afternoon. I demoed a cab SVL75 with just 9.5 hrs on the ticker. It still has plastic on the seats.
    -emerald01-jpg

The customer wanted everything less than 4" in diameter shredded. I think there's actually more deadfall than standing trees!
    -emerald02-jpg -emerald03-jpg -emerald04-jpg

-emerald05-jpg
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

Bet that was nice. Pressurized cab?

This is NOT a knock on kubota, OK.

When I was looking for something for my TLB I was considering the Kubotas in addition to the JD 110. I was also looking at JD skid steers or CTL. I talked to one Kubota dealer who did everything he could to convince me that using a bush hog on a skid steer/ CTL was the most dangerous thing in the world.

Kubota had not come out with their line of SS/CTL at the time. Bet he's glad to have them now.

Tractor

Yes tbc, it has the pressurized cab. Funny how sales guys are, huh?. Oh well, I guess that"s their job.

Speaking of the JD 110...While I was waiting for the kubota guys to get the CTL and shredder ready, I noticed that there was a VERY clean 110 kinda hidden in the back. I guess that it and an older JD had been traded in on a SVL75. My rental guy didn't have much info on it (he didn't know where the keys were either) but he did say that the guy had used it only a few times and kept it in his barn. I mean...except for the backhoe teeth, this thing looked brand spanking new! I'll check it out with the sales guy next time I'm there.
    John

Tractor

Graded some wonderful black gumbo today for a basketball court. I used the Ratchet Rake to remove the grass and top layer, and tore out a few cedars. Verizon and Century Link cables run right through the middle of the pad. Made it twice the fun!
    -nail01-jpg -nail02-jpg -nail03-jpg

Right after I unloaded the tractor this morning the pot metal bracket on the shift linkage snapped. Even after taking out the pin the leftover piece wouldn't budge off the shaft. So I went home and picked up the welder and 200 ft of extension cord. Testing the weld...the piece on the shaft starts turning like it was never stuck.
    John

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

John, I think I recognize that place. Is it near the intersection of SH156 and US380? I thought it had been vacant for quite awhile, but lately I've seen some activity there if it's the one I'm thinking of.

On the shift linkage. I guess you could drill those pinned pivots and put grease zerks in them. The best thing would be if the pivot shaft was through-drilled with a zerk on the inside end you can access from the operator platform. That way one squirt of grease once-in-awhile and the levers would just glide. Wishful thinking, I guess. I too have noticed that they get bound up and then the trash works its way out and they are fairly easy again.

Quote Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
    Graded some wonderful black gumbo today for a basketball court. I used the Ratchet Rake to remove the grass and top layer, and tore out a few cedars. Verizon and Century Link cables run right through the middle of the pad. Made it twice the fun!
    -nail01-jpg

Right after I unloaded the tractor this morning the pot metal bracket on the shift linkage snapped. Even after taking out the pin the leftover piece wouldn't budge off the shaft. So I went home and picked up the welder and 200 ft of extension cord. Testing the weld...the piece on the shaft starts turning like it was never stuck.
    Jim

Tractor

John, I think I recognize that place. Is it near the intersection of SH156 and US380? I thought it had been vacant for quite awhile, but lately I've seen some activity there if it's the one I'm thinking of.
    That's the place Jim. The guy that owned the house and the horse facilities knew that the bank was getting ready to foreclose, so he split the property and got a new parcel number for the horse property and the barns. When the bank foreclosed, they only got the house and the property it sits on. He still owns the horse side and lives in one of the barns. I've done hay business with the guy in the past and he's a first class jerk! The new owners are turning the house into a bed and breakfast.

On the shift linkage. I guess you could drill those pinned pivots and put grease zerks in them. The best thing would be if the pivot shaft was through-drilled with a zerk on the inside end you can access from the operator platform. That way one squirt of grease once-in-awhile and the levers would just glide. Wishful thinking, I guess. I too have noticed that they get bound up and then the trash works its way out and they are fairly easy again.
    Here's a photo of the linkage Jim. I had to run out a couple inches of welding wire out of the tip just to reach it through all the stuff in the way. The backside was easier to weld. I'll grind the weld down and plate it. In the pic its got bailing wire in place of the cotter pin I lost in the tall grass. The strange thing is that it shifter nice and smooth into gear, but when I went to shift into neutral it felt mushy. I gave it another try and it broke all of the way off.
    -tractor-linkage-repair-jpg
    John

Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast