RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
I'm sure that's what your favorite landscaper was counting on. :laughing: :laughing:

I'd wait 'till dark & egg his house. :)

If it was a commercial job, his sprinklers would get accidentally graded into oblivion.

The homeowner wasn't too happy and gave me the guys business card. Once he gets off shift from his real job, I've got a few thoughts to share with him.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #193  
RDrancher said:
If it was a commercial job, his sprinklers would get accidentally graded into oblivion.

The homeowner wasn't too happy and gave me the guys business card. Once he gets off shift from his real job, I've got a few thoughts to share with him.

If your property catches on fire, is he one of the firfighters for your area? If so, choose your means of communication carefully. Just a thought.

I agree, I'd be exceedingly frustrated with someone messing up the work I take pride in. At least you know your customer understood the situation, and he takes pride in your work, as well.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #194  
Iwould love to hear that conversation .

Started a lot clearing job this afternoon. I demoed a cab SVL75 with just 9.5 hrs on the ticker. It still has plastic on the seats. :D
Emerald01.jpg

The customer wanted everything less than 4" in diameter shredded. I think there's actually more deadfall than standing trees!
Emerald02.jpg Emerald03.jpg Emerald04.jpg

Emerald05.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #196  
Bet that was nice. Pressurized cab?

This is NOT a knock on Kubota, OK.

When I was looking for something for my TLB I was considering the Kubotas in addition to the JD 110. I was also looking at JD skid steers or CTL. I talked to one Kubota dealer who did everything he could to convince me that using a bush hog on a skid steer/ CTL was the most dangerous thing in the world.

Kubota had not come out with their line of SS/CTL at the time. Bet he's glad to have them now.

Yes tbc, it has the pressurized cab. Funny how sales guys are, huh?. Oh well, I guess that"s their job.

Speaking of the JD 110...While I was waiting for the Kubota guys to get the CTL and shredder ready, I noticed that there was a VERY clean 110 kinda hidden in the back. I guess that it and an older JD had been traded in on a SVL75. My rental guy didn't have much info on it (he didn't know where the keys were either) but he did say that the guy had used it only a few times and kept it in his barn. I mean...except for the backhoe teeth, this thing looked brand spanking new! I'll check it out with the sales guy next time I'm there.

Graded some wonderful black gumbo today for a basketball court. I used the Ratchet Rake to remove the grass and top layer, and tore out a few cedars. Verizon and Century Link cables run right through the middle of the pad. Made it twice the fun!
Nail01.jpg Nail02.jpg Nail03.jpg

Right after I unloaded the tractor this morning the pot metal bracket on the shift linkage snapped. Even after taking out the pin the leftover piece wouldn't budge off the shaft. So I went home and picked up the welder and 200 ft of extension cord. Testing the weld...the piece on the shaft starts turning like it was never stuck. :rolleyes:

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #199  
John, I think I recognize that place. Is it near the intersection of SH156 and US380? I thought it had been vacant for quite awhile, but lately I've seen some activity there if it's the one I'm thinking of.

On the shift linkage. I guess you could drill those pinned pivots and put grease zerks in them. The best thing would be if the pivot shaft was through-drilled with a zerk on the inside end you can access from the operator platform. That way one squirt of grease once-in-awhile and the levers would just glide. Wishful thinking, I guess. I too have noticed that they get bound up and then the trash works its way out and they are fairly easy again.

Graded some wonderful black gumbo today for a basketball court. I used the Ratchet Rake to remove the grass and top layer, and tore out a few cedars. Verizon and Century Link cables run right through the middle of the pad. Made it twice the fun!
View attachment 301062

Right after I unloaded the tractor this morning the pot metal bracket on the shift linkage snapped. Even after taking out the pin the leftover piece wouldn't budge off the shaft. So I went home and picked up the welder and 200 ft of extension cord. Testing the weld...the piece on the shaft starts turning like it was never stuck. :rolleyes:

John, I think I recognize that place. Is it near the intersection of SH156 and US380? I thought it had been vacant for quite awhile, but lately I've seen some activity there if it's the one I'm thinking of.

That's the place Jim. The guy that owned the house and the horse facilities knew that the bank was getting ready to foreclose, so he split the property and got a new parcel number for the horse property and the barns. When the bank foreclosed, they only got the house and the property it sits on. He still owns the horse side and lives in one of the barns. I've done hay business with the guy in the past and he's a first class jerk! The new owners are turning the house into a bed and breakfast.

On the shift linkage. I guess you could drill those pinned pivots and put grease zerks in them. The best thing would be if the pivot shaft was through-drilled with a zerk on the inside end you can access from the operator platform. That way one squirt of grease once-in-awhile and the levers would just glide. Wishful thinking, I guess. I too have noticed that they get bound up and then the trash works its way out and they are fairly easy again.

Here's a photo of the linkage Jim. I had to run out a couple inches of welding wire out of the tip just to reach it through all the stuff in the way. The backside was easier to weld. I'll grind the weld down and plate it. In the pic its got bailing wire in place of the cotter pin I lost in the tall grass. The strange thing is that it shifter nice and smooth into gear, but when I went to shift into neutral it felt mushy. I gave it another try and it broke all of the way off.
Tractor Linkage Repair.jpg