RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Today was the second Sunday I've worked in the last fifteen years. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Made it home for the Super Bowl though!

Here's a couple more pics of the clearing job today.
Emerald10.jpg Emerald11.jpg

All done and headed home.
Emerald12.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #202  
Here's a photo of the linkage Jim. I had to run out a couple inches of welding wire out of the tip just to reach it through all the stuff in the way. The backside was easier to weld. I'll grind the weld down and plate it. In the pic its got bailing wire in place of the cotter pin I lost in the tall grass. The strange thing is that it shifter nice and smooth into gear, but when I went to shift into neutral it felt mushy. I gave it another try and it broke all of the way off.
View attachment 301229

Well, I'm surprised to see the break right at the transmission lever. I thought maybe it was the pivot under the left side operator cowling; the one with three levers on it. It's funny to see your bailing wire 'fix' on your tractor. As kids, we used to just find a small nail and put that in place of the cotter key or rollpin. Nails work good and they are easy to bend.:D

Well, I'm surprised to see the break right at the transmission lever. I thought maybe it was the pivot under the left side operator cowling; the one with three levers on it. It's funny to see your bailing wire 'fix' on your tractor. As kids, we used to just find a small nail and put that in place of the cotter key or rollpin. Nails work good and they are easy to bend.:D

Jim, when I was just a young pup, I traded a truck in with bent nails in place of cotters on the A-arms. I would have used one this time, but all I had on the truck were 16D duplex. :D

I upgraded (?) to a smartphone today. I've never felt so un-smart in my life.

I missed a few pics this week trying to learn my new phone.

Here's a couple from today. I gave the homeowner some geotextile, so after I removed the grass for the extension and boat parking area, he laid it down and I spread base over it from the existing driveway. Then I spread 4-5" of 3/4"-minus crush over the entire driveway. I have a vibratory roller on Monday, so I'll roll this one and a couple more.
Lake01.jpg Lake02.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #208  
That new phone takes swell photos.:thumbsup: Of course, it helps to take photos of a swell job too.;) Very nice! If we get the predicted rain this weekend, the top layer may get washed of fines and set the base up really good. Rolling on Monday should pack it nicely.

Jim - The new phone is frustrating, that's for sure!

We just got back from Blue Ridge. It was raining pretty good North of Farmersville. I'm hoping we get a decent amount before Monday so I don't have to use much of the customer's water. :thumbsup: