RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
True. The kid looks right natural up there, don't he?

You shoulda seen us trying to pry his hands off of the wheel! My wife says I've got the kid brainwashed...all of his toys are tractors, construction equipment and trucks. I say I'm just pointing him in the right direction. :D

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #242  
John, I enjoy your thread. Great direction for your little one, my 5 year old grandson still likes to climb on the tractor every chance he gets.

Thanks Bob! I think that too many kids these days lead a sheltered life. My dad was killed in a tractor accident when I was three. That could have been the end of it for me, but I had an uncle that farmed. When we moved to Iowa I spent a lot of time at his place, and he kept me around tractors and got me interested in machinery in general. By the time I was nine I was running a 9N by myself, hauling a hay trailer and following the big guys baling. Those memories are the best ones that I have from my childhood. I absolutely LOVE what I do for a living now and wouldn't trade it for anything else!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #244  
After failing to duck low enough while walking between my truck and GN trailer yesterday afternoon...which resulting in me smacking my melon against it and landing on my back in the parking lot at my local fuel stop...I decided to take it a little easy today. I feel like I got hit by a...trailer.If you don't duck, you are likely to quack your noggin.;)

I noticed last evening that I had once again cracked the bucket. It probably didn't help that the bolt on the cutting edge was loose. I'm not a welder by any standards, but I get it done and it holds. I had my 72" HD bucket crack at the back (heel) of the bucket inside where the weld bead is. I just rewelded with a big ugly fillet and all is good.

I also developed a leak earlier in the day at one of the loader quick connects. O-ring time! McMasters has them and charges a huge price, but you know they are right when you leave. They also have to sort them and put them into little plastic bags with part numbers. The labor has to be paid somehow. I think I might pick the o-ring out and take it to Purvis Bearing on East McKinney street in Denton behind the post office and across from the City Hall (200 E McKinney St, Denton, (940) 380-9600). They have always been a great source of belts, bearings, and o-rings.

I hadn't seen this monster around here before, so I thought I'd stop and take a couple of pics. That's the same kind of machine the seismic crews use to set charges.

View attachment 306003 View attachment 306004

Your boy sure looks cute on that Mahindra Max. Great Photo!:thumbsup:

Thanks Jim!

Yesterday I told my wife...I should give Jim a call and head on up. Maybe he'll let me run his hoe. She says, "I'm driving since you can't see straight from whacking your head and we both have major head colds...and you want to do what?" She won that one... :D

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #246  
Thanks Jim!

Yesterday I told my wife...I should give Jim a call and head on up. Maybe he'll let me run his hoe. She says, "I'm driving since you can't see straight from whacking your head and we both have major head colds...and you want to do what?" She won that one... :D

You're welcome anytime. I've got to get out there with my grandson and get some dimensions. I need numbers and I'm sure you do too.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #249  
that cement work is hard work,you do nice work.that's for sharing the pictures.

Thought I should start catching up on pics.

This driveway really needed 400 yards of fill before spreading the roadbase, but that wasn't in the budget, so I graded it to shed water to one side. With the way my schedule is running right now, I'll have to come back and compact it later.
Chisum02.jpg Chisum03.jpg Chisum04.jpg Chisum05.jpgChisum06.jpg Chisum07.jpg Chisum08.jpg Chisum09.jpg

Me thinks there's a hole in the screen at the pit...
Chisum10.jpg

A little regrade and topping.
Hancock01.jpg Hancock02.jpg Hancock03.jpg Hancock04.jpg Hancock05.jpg