Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Default Re: RDrancher's Photo Thread

Looks like it was poured
    Murph

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Kubota SVL90-2 CTL

Did some debris cleanout for for a local HOA, so I can give them an assessment as to why they work so poorly. The headwalls were poured incorrectly, no wingwalls, pipes set too close together, both inlets are set at the wrong angle to the flow and one of the 36" culvert had collapsed. The collapse is actually four feet from the edge and under the road, which leads me to believe that it was crushed when the road was paved.

RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob01-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob02-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob03-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob04-jpgRDrancher's Photo Thread-ob05-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob06-jpg

I stockpiles the debris, spread out all the muck so it can dry and exposed the collapsed pipe up to the edge of the road. We'll be back later to fix things up...after they give the bad news to the homeowners.

RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob07-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob08-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob09-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob10-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob11-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob12-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob13-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob14-jpg
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

John 14:6

Tractor

Interesting morning skies as a cold front moved through yesterday.

RDrancher's Photo Thread-morning-skt01-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-morning-skt02-jpg
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
    Did some debris cleanout for for a local HOA, so I can give them an assessment as to why they work so poorly. The headwalls were poured incorrectly, no wingwalls, pipes set too close together, both inlets are set at the wrong angle to the flow and one of the 36" culvert had collapsed. The collapse is actually four feet from the edge and under the road, which leads me to believe that it was crushed when the road was paved.

RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob01-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob02-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob03-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob04-jpgRDrancher's Photo Thread-ob05-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob06-jpg

I stockpiles the debris, spread out all the muck so it can dry and exposed the collapsed pipe up to the edge of the road. We'll be back later to fix things up...after they give the bad news to the homeowners.

RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob07-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob08-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob09-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob10-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob11-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob12-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob13-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-ob14-jpg
    That was a mess.Please update us.I have a similar problem in my neighborhood.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

John, after using that kubota excavator, you are gonna think my backhoe is a loose noodle. I'm thinking of taking off my quick connect adapter because I don't have other attachments and the pins are not tight enough. It makes the bucket flop around a lot more than it should.

I've made some detailed measurements and hope to come up with drawings/illustrations of my plans. I haven't been 'sitting on my hands' on my project, but being sick and having company has slowed me a bit.
    Jim

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120

Quote Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
    The headwalls were poured incorrectly, no wingwalls, pipes set too close together, both inlets are set at the wrong angle to the flow and one of the 36" culvert had collapsed. The collapse is actually four feet from the edge and under the road, which leads me to believe that it was crushed when the road was paved.
    But otherwise they did a pretty good job, right?

Note to HOA: Lowest bid not always the best option.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    John, after using that kubota excavator, you are gonna think my backhoe is a loose noodle. I'm thinking of taking off my quick connect adapter because I don't have other attachments and the pins are not tight enough. It makes the bucket flop around a lot more than it should.

I've made some detailed measurements and hope to come up with drawings/illustrations of my plans. I haven't been 'sitting on my hands' on my project, but being sick and having company has slowed me a bit.
    A hoe is a hoe Jim. I ran the KXO80-3 awhile ago. That thing will spoil ya quick! Don't hurry on my account with your project. I'm burning the candle at both ends...and I swear I saw a spark in the middle too!

But otherwise they did a pretty good job, right?

Note to HOA: Lowest bid not always the best option.
    No kidding! Remember the commercial "You can pay me now or pay me later"?
    John

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS R4047

So RD ......when are ya gonna start a school for us un edjumacted folks so we can learn from the Master !!!! wax on wax off !!!

You do Fantastic work Man !!
    Be Safe !
    2012 LS R4047 , FEL , Backhoe, kingkutter finish mower,68 " rachet rake, Titan skidsteer 72" root Grapple, JD 145,JD166 ........Dodge 3500 cummins, Kenworth w900l Cat powered ...

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Bladehauler View Post
    So RD ......when are ya gonna start a school for us un edjumacted folks so we can learn from the Master !!!! wax on wax off !!!

You do Fantastic work Man !!
    Be Safe !
    Thanks Blade...but I'm way too busy trying to teach myself!

I'm always trying to learn new techniques and stay on top of whats new, so I can do a better job and offer my customers better products and such. So I signed up for a Gravelology webinar from Forester University, thinking that it'd be pretty interesting. I got my conformation today, but they said that it's scheduled for 1 PM on a Wednesday. REALLY? A Wednesday? I'm thinking maybe its geared toward roadbuilders on food stamps and unemployment. Unless its raining that day I guess I'll be missing it.
    John

Tractor

A couple of driveway driveway expansions, topped with recycled asphalt. We'll compact them tomorrow along with a couple of other drives.

RDrancher's Photo Thread-jan01-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-jan02-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-jan03-jpg

RDrancher's Photo Thread-jan04-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-jan05-jpg

Then removed an old barn foundation.

RDrancher's Photo Thread-jan06-jpg
    John

Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777 ... LastLast