RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #261  
Looks like it was poured

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Did some debris cleanout for for a local HOA, so I can give them an assessment as to why they work so poorly. The headwalls were poured incorrectly, no wingwalls, pipes set too close together, both inlets are set at the wrong angle to the flow and one of the 36" culvert had collapsed. The collapse is actually four feet from the edge and under the road, which leads me to believe that it was crushed when the road was paved.

OB01.jpg OB02.jpg OB03.jpg OB04.jpgOB05.jpg OB06.jpg

I stockpiles the debris, spread out all the muck so it can dry and exposed the collapsed pipe up to the edge of the road. We'll be back later to fix things up...after they give the bad news to the homeowners.

OB07.jpg OB08.jpg OB09.jpg OB10.jpg OB11.jpg OB12.jpg OB13.jpg OB14.jpg

Interesting morning skies as a cold front moved through yesterday.

Morning Skt01.jpg Morning Skt02.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #264  
Did some debris cleanout for for a local HOA, so I can give them an assessment as to why they work so poorly. The headwalls were poured incorrectly, no wingwalls, pipes set too close together, both inlets are set at the wrong angle to the flow and one of the 36" culvert had collapsed. The collapse is actually four feet from the edge and under the road, which leads me to believe that it was crushed when the road was paved.

View attachment 308956 View attachment 308957 View attachment 308958 View attachment 308959View attachment 308960 View attachment 308961

I stockpiles the debris, spread out all the muck so it can dry and exposed the collapsed pipe up to the edge of the road. We'll be back later to fix things up...after they give the bad news to the homeowners.

View attachment 308962 View attachment 308963 View attachment 308964 View attachment 308965 View attachment 308966 View attachment 308967 View attachment 308968 View attachment 308969

That was a mess.Please update us.I have a similar problem in my neighborhood.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #265  
John, after using that Kubota excavator, you are gonna think my backhoe is a loose noodle. I'm thinking of taking off my quick connect adapter because I don't have other attachments and the pins are not tight enough. It makes the bucket flop around a lot more than it should.

I've made some detailed measurements and hope to come up with drawings/illustrations of my plans. I haven't been 'sitting on my hands' on my project, but being sick and having company has slowed me a bit.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #266  
The headwalls were poured incorrectly, no wingwalls, pipes set too close together, both inlets are set at the wrong angle to the flow and one of the 36" culvert had collapsed. The collapse is actually four feet from the edge and under the road, which leads me to believe that it was crushed when the road was paved.

But otherwise they did a pretty good job, right? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Note to HOA: Lowest bid not always the best option.

John, after using that Kubota excavator, you are gonna think my backhoe is a loose noodle. I'm thinking of taking off my quick connect adapter because I don't have other attachments and the pins are not tight enough. It makes the bucket flop around a lot more than it should.

I've made some detailed measurements and hope to come up with drawings/illustrations of my plans. I haven't been 'sitting on my hands' on my project, but being sick and having company has slowed me a bit.

A hoe is a hoe Jim. :D I ran the KXO80-3 awhile ago. That thing will spoil ya quick! Don't hurry on my account with your project. I'm burning the candle at both ends...and I swear I saw a spark in the middle too! :eek:

But otherwise they did a pretty good job, right?

Note to HOA: Lowest bid not always the best option.

No kidding! Remember the commercial "You can pay me now or pay me later"? :laughing:

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #268  
So RD ......when are ya gonna start a school for us un edjumacted folks so we can learn from the Master !!!! wax on wax off !!!

You do Fantastic work Man !!
Be Safe !

So RD ......when are ya gonna start a school for us un edjumacted folks so we can learn from the Master !!!! wax on wax off !!!

You do Fantastic work Man !!
Be Safe !

Thanks Blade...but I'm way too busy trying to teach myself!

I'm always trying to learn new techniques and stay on top of whats new, so I can do a better job and offer my customers better products and such. So I signed up for a Gravelology webinar from Forester University, thinking that it'd be pretty interesting. I got my conformation today, but they said that it's scheduled for 1 PM on a Wednesday. REALLY? A Wednesday? I'm thinking maybe its geared toward roadbuilders on food stamps and unemployment. Unless its raining that day I guess I'll be missing it.

A couple of driveway driveway expansions, topped with recycled asphalt. We'll compact them tomorrow along with a couple of other drives.

Jan01.jpg Jan02.jpg Jan03.jpg

Jan04.jpg Jan05.jpg

Then removed an old barn foundation.

Jan06.jpg