RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Here's the "after" photo of the foundation area.
Jan07.jpg

Since we had five driveways to compact with three different materials, I figured it was a good time for Joe to get used to the compactor.
Jan08.jpg Jan09.jpg Jan10.jpg

Removed a few Bois d'arc trees and started cleaning out a gully. We'll be putting in a culvert with precast concrete ends here too.
Cox01.jpg Cox02.jpg Cox03.jpg Cox04.jpg

The boys out grubbing a few dozen patches of cactus. The weatherman said it was going to be 68 today...he was wrong.
Cox05.jpg

Cleaning out the gully. Sure was warm in the cab. :laughing:
Cox06.jpg Cox07.jpg Cox08.jpg Cox09.jpg

What's that red and gray thing laying on the ground between them? Looks dangerous.

Joe kept giving me a hard time about only having square shovels, so I bought him a round one and told him to get to usin' it! :D

Forgot a photo.
Cox10.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #275  
Thanks Blade...but I'm way too busy trying to teach myself!

I'm always trying to learn new techniques and stay on top of whats new, so I can do a better job and offer my customers better products and such. So I signed up for a Gravelology webinar from Forester University, thinking that it'd be pretty interesting. I got my conformation today, but they said that it's scheduled for 1 PM on a Wednesday. REALLY? A Wednesday? I'm thinking maybe its geared toward roadbuilders on food stamps and unemployment. Unless its raining that day I guess I'll be missing it.
Wednesday ????? I could see it if was at 9 pm, but why burn daylight ?????? Krazy !!!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #276  
RD, that kx121 is sexy! Can you tell us about it? Or maybe you already did and I didn't see it

RD, that kx121 is sexy! Can you tell us about it? Or maybe you already did and I didn't see it

The KX is the heaviest ex that I can comfortably haul on my 14K trailer, so I use it quite a bit. I really haven't found anything on it that I don't like. It's heavy for its size and has pretty good cahones in the breakout department. The cab is "all day" comfortable and the 6-way dozer blade is a HUGE bonus.

I honestly should have used a larger ex for this job. Bois d'arc trees have a pretty large tap root and impressive root system. The 121 is on the job now, so thats what I'll finish with.

A few more pics of KX121. I rustled up some bees that had their hives built in the old semi tires. Happy to be in the cab!

Cox12.jpg Cox13.jpg Cox14.jpg Cox15.jpg Cox16.jpg Cox17.jpg

The wife came out to the job and snapped a few pics.

x03.jpg x05.jpg x09.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #279  
Not long ago I was following a guy pulling one just like that on a trailer just about like yours. He turned into a subdivision under construction. I kept going to my job, and about 3 hours later as I was heading home passing by the subdivision, I looked over and noticed about several BIG trees on the ground. I was really surprised what that machine did in such a short time.

Setting a culvert and precast ends.

Cox21.jpg Cox22.jpg

Stumping a few trees.

Cox23.jpg

Finished out the day moving some dirt.

Cox24.jpg Cox25.jpg