Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

Default Re: RDrancher's Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by amazincaucasian View Post
    Not long ago I was following a guy pulling one just like that on a trailer just about like yours. He turned into a subdivision under construction. I kept going to my job, and about 3 hours later as I was heading home passing by the subdivision, I looked over and noticed about several BIG trees on the ground. I was really surprised what that machine did in such a short time.
    The little KX does a good job for its size, that's for sure. Big cedars and honey locusts with their small root system are a pushover.

Do you happen to have a link to the thread with pics of your biz and truck in it? I believe I saw one awhile ago. I'd like to revisit it.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

John, how much does that compactor weigh?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Bob77064 View Post
    Bob, it's right about 10K (or a little over) for the cab model with a bucket. On my 14K trailer I stretch out the boom to put some weight on the tongue so I'm not over on the axles.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

John, I loaded my tractor on the trailer without the bucket. So I moved the tractor back to center it and then there was no tongue weight, I found out real quick that did not work.

Tractor

John, I loaded my tractor on the trailer without the bucket. So I moved the tractor back to center it and then there was no tongue weight, I found out real quick that did not work.
    Yep, that'll happen. As far as tongue weight goes, my gooseneck is pretty forgiving behind the crewcab Super Duty. When I haul my tractor and boxblade with a landplane on the front of the deck, I sit the tractor pretty far back. It's nowhere near the max axle weight and it just plain rides better.
    John

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

My trailer is bumper pull on my Tundra. Last June I installed air lift 5000 air bags, that improved the towing.

Tractor

Sorry Bob...I answered a question you didn't ask. The compactor is a 2-ton unit.
    John

Tractor

Finished up the clearing and spruce up job.
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox19.jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox20.jpg

Them bones...
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox28.jpg

Put some road base in at the entrance and a little pad for an RV toybox.
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox29.jpg

The wife came out and collected a few pickup loads for her wood stove. What a gal!
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox30.jpg

RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox31.jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox32.jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox33.jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox34.jpg

Picked up the tractor today and realized that my man Joe broke a few things on the tractor while pushing up limbs with the Ratchet Rake and brush hogging. Broke off the heat shield next to the alternator, caved in the grille...and broke both sway bar linkages! Only $678 in parts...back to the shovel he goes. I was at the other end of 10 acres, so I'm not sure how he did the damage, but I have a pretty good idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RDrancher's Photo Thread-cox27.jpg  
    John

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Quote Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
    Sorry Bob...I answered a question you didn't ask. The compactor is a 2-ton unit.
    Thank you John.

LJH
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3120

Quote Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
    Picked up the tractor today and realized that my man Joe broke a few things on the tractor while pushing up limbs with the Ratchet Rake and brush hogging. Broke off the heat shield next to the alternator, caved in the grille...and broke both sway bar linkages! Only $678 in parts...back to the shovel he goes. I was at the other end of 10 acres, so I'm not sure how he did the damage, but I have a pretty good idea.
    So your man Joe forgot mention he'd trashed a few things and you got to find them yourself? That's infuriating! I'd be tempted to go upside his head with said shovel, after which he'd be back in the job market - sheese.

Last year I lent my little Forester to a friend while her car was in the shop and she promptly T-boned a 280Z while pulling out of a parking lot. (TOTALED the Z Car, minor damage to the Subaru) Anywho, she felt like dogpoop and couldn't write the check fast enough to reimburse me for the deductible. She still apologizes every time I see her!

Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast