RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Not long ago I was following a guy pulling one just like that on a trailer just about like yours. He turned into a subdivision under construction. I kept going to my job, and about 3 hours later as I was heading home passing by the subdivision, I looked over and noticed about several BIG trees on the ground. I was really surprised what that machine did in such a short time.

The little KX does a good job for its size, that's for sure. Big cedars and honey locusts with their small root system are a pushover. :D

Do you happen to have a link to the thread with pics of your biz and truck in it? I believe I saw one awhile ago. I'd like to revisit it.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #282  
John, how much does that compactor weigh?

John, how much does that compactor weigh?

Bob, it's right about 10K (or a little over) for the cab model with a bucket. On my 14K trailer I stretch out the boom to put some weight on the tongue so I'm not over on the axles.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #284  
John, I loaded my tractor on the trailer without the bucket. So I moved the tractor back to center it and then there was no tongue weight, I found out real quick that did not work.

John, I loaded my tractor on the trailer without the bucket. So I moved the tractor back to center it and then there was no tongue weight, I found out real quick that did not work.

Yep, that'll happen. As far as tongue weight goes, my gooseneck is pretty forgiving behind the crewcab Super Duty. When I haul my tractor and boxblade with a landplane on the front of the deck, I sit the tractor pretty far back. It's nowhere near the max axle weight and it just plain rides better.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #286  
My trailer is bumper pull on my Tundra. Last June I installed air lift 5000 air bags, that improved the towing.

Finished up the clearing and spruce up job.
Cox19.jpg Cox20.jpg

Them bones...
Cox28.jpg

Put some road base in at the entrance and a little pad for an RV toybox.
Cox29.jpg

The wife came out and collected a few pickup loads for her wood stove. What a gal! :thumbsup:
Cox30.jpg

Cox31.jpg Cox32.jpg Cox33.jpg Cox34.jpg

Picked up the tractor today and realized that my man Joe broke a few things on the tractor while pushing up limbs with the Ratchet Rake and brush hogging. Broke off the heat shield next to the alternator, caved in the grille...and broke both sway bar linkages! Only $678 in parts...back to the shovel he goes. :mad: I was at the other end of 10 acres, so I'm not sure how he did the damage, but I have a pretty good idea.

Attachments

• Cox27.jpg
    Cox27.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 218
   / RDrancher's Photo Thread #290  
Picked up the tractor today and realized that my man Joe broke a few things on the tractor while pushing up limbs with the Ratchet Rake and brush hogging. Broke off the heat shield next to the alternator, caved in the grille...and broke both sway bar linkages! Only $678 in parts...back to the shovel he goes. :mad: I was at the other end of 10 acres, so I'm not sure how he did the damage, but I have a pretty good idea.

So your man Joe forgot mention he'd trashed a few things and you got to find them yourself? That's infuriating! I'd be tempted to go upside his head with said shovel, after which he'd be back in the job market - sheese.

Last year I lent my little Forester to a friend while her car was in the shop and she promptly T-boned a 280Z while pulling out of a parking lot. (TOTALED the Z Car, minor damage to the Subaru) Anywho, she felt like dogpoop and couldn't write the check fast enough to reimburse me for the deductible. She still apologizes every time I see her!