RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
A few pics from yesterday and today.

Got three culverts set and started cutting the road.
BR 33.jpg BR 34.jpg BR 35.jpg

The jello crossing was still pumping pretty bad, so I ripped it down some and added a few sacks of cement to the road to help firm it up.
BR 36.jpg BR 37.jpg BR 38.jpg

Finished out the day setting the crown and cutting flow lines. Its a real pita to establish a crown when the center of the road is pumping. :rolleyes:
BR 39.jpg BR 40.jpg BR 41.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #322  
How did the cement work? I have one 10' by 40' section of my drive that just won't firm up.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

How did the cement work? I have one 10' by 40' section of my drive that just won't firm up.

We shall see. I'll have to let the water soak in from below for a couple of days. The lime in the cement changes the plasticity of the clay and makes it more workable, but I didn't have the compact track loader out there, so I couldn't dig it out as deep as I wanted to. My tractor would have been stuck in no time.

I decided to let the road sit and dry out for awhile. No sense ruining all of my work trying to get the job done in a hurry.

Here are a few gravel and soil prep photos from a local job.
PV02.jpg PV03.jpg PV05.jpg PV06.jpg PV07.jpg PV08.jpg PV09.jpg PV10.jpg PV11.jpg

This is a result of me coaxing a stuck quick attach with a pipe. The QA won that round...and yes...the hand is broken.
Hand.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #325  
That hand looks painful. I hope it heals quickly. Professional work as usual I see. I always look forward to pictures of your work.

Thank you Chris.

Nice easy Friday. I moved an RV pad to a new location, set a few rocks for a fire pit and then re-graded an area after the fence guys buried their skidsteer. Dan took care of brush hogging the 14 acre site.
Cox40.jpg Cox41.jpg Cox42.jpg Cox43.jpg Cox44.jpg

Working on the wife's new arena.
Arena01.jpg Arena02.jpg Arena03.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #327  
This is a result of me coaxing a stuck quick attach with a pipe. The QA won that round...and yes...the hand is broken.
View attachment 316170

Ouch !!! Trust the hand is now healing well.
I learnt my lesson doing a similar thing/very same result years ago removing a QR ripper pin from a dozer, now I try to grab a coffee first to gather my thoughts prior to engaging brute force.....doesn't necessarily help with a less painful outcome but at least I proceed in the knowledge of what might be coming my way........One of the mysteries of the world how QA's & QR's always jam at the most inopportune times/when you most need them & then habitually make anything around become Quick "Detachers" ???:confused2:

I'd like to say I learned my lesson, but judging by the amount of scars and broken bones I've collected over the years...I doubt it. :D

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #329  
I'd like to say I learned my lesson, but judging by the amount of scars and broken bones I've collected over the years...I doubt it. :D

Oh, how I resemble that remark! My misspent youth was filled with horses, dirt bikes & Peterbilts, combined with some less-than-stellar judgment ... :rolleyes: Now, thanks to the grace of God and a huge ration of dumb luck, I'm old and cautious. :laughing:

Here's hoping your hand heals up fast and well!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #330  
John, I think I can say I've just been lucky that I don't have a matching hand. I carry a piece of 2" diameter schedule 40 PVC pipe behind my seat to use as a cheater on the QAs. One end is broken and jagged from splitting while applying pressure. I need to get a 18" section of 2" galvanized pipe instead of the PVC, but I had the PVC and it is handy. How in the world did you break your hand?