RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
John, I think I can say I've just been lucky that I don't have a matching hand. I carry a piece of 2" diameter schedule 40 PVC pipe behind my seat to use as a cheater on the QAs. One end is broken and jagged from splitting while applying pressure. I need to get a 18" section of 2" galvanized pipe instead of the PVC, but I had the PVC and it is handy. How in the world did you break your hand?

Jim, I had the loader up at face height pulling on the cheater hard with the right hand while I pried above the roll pin with a screwdriver in the left. She gave way and I hit the back of my right hand on the corner of the other QA faceplate.

But...apparently that wasn't the end of my week...

I usually don't ride horses unless I'm working cattle...just don't have time for it. I consider them to be like any other tool. But...I agreed to go on a trail ride with my wife and friends up at Ray Roberts today. Our friends two young fillies were feeling their oats this morning, so they were a bit skittish. I was on my buddy's "bomb proof" cutting horse. He started out a bit frisky since he hadn't been ridden in a few months, but I got a handle on him. Then...he decided to play dumb a** when I gave him a turn to wait for the others and headed off the trail with a lung/jump. Problem was...a couple of feet off the trail was a 5 ft deep gully. Since the rye grass was the same height across the gully it spooked him as much as it surprised me. The rodeo was ON! Buck, kick, buck, kick. By the third gully (after him hitting his knees), I got my right foot out of the stirrup (since it tends to hang up) and started to get off, but I thought for a sec, "I got this". I was wrong. By the fifth gully (still bucking and kicking), I jumped off. The grass was even deeper then I thought and I landed on my other hand! Now my left wrist is messed up more than my right broken hand.

While I held my buddy's skittish filly..."Mr. Cowboy" was going to show me the handle he had on the "bombproof" horse. He now has a broken nose and glasses, a hurt back and a seriously bruised ego. :laughing:

I'm going back to work tomorrow where it's safe. :D

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #332  
I love horses but they're hard to steer and the brakes don't always work. :)

Today was interesting with one busted up hand and the other wrist messed up. Did an eighty yard driveway but didn't bother to take pictures. I'm a little sore.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #334  
Today was interesting with one busted up hand and the other wrist messed up. Did an eighty yard driveway but didn't bother to take pictures. I'm a little sore.

Good grief, you are forever getting yourself banged up! wMike and I were joking the other day that we hope you live long enough to finish the driveway.... well mostly joking!

Heal well and BE CAREFUL! :)

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #335  
Now see, if you had that GoPro you could just stick 'er to the ROP or somewhere and we wouldn't have to go without visuals while you heal up. ;)

Good grief, you are forever getting yourself banged up! wMike and I were joking the other day that we hope you live long enough to finish the driveway.... well mostly joking!

Heal well and BE CAREFUL! :)

Thanks. Not to worry...I have a deal with my wife. She's promised to bury me three days after I die...no matter what! Until then we just keep on rollin'. :D

Now see, if you had that GoPro you could just stick 'er to the ROP or somewhere and we wouldn't have to go without visuals while you heal up. ;)

I was checking them out, but I'm not quite sure which one to get. I took a video with my phone on the the KX121 mini-ex, but the only attachment spot I could use just shows the boom going up and down while the house swings back and forth. Not too interesting. :rolleyes:

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #337  
John, I hope you heal soon. This is probably one of the longest stretches of nice spring weather we've had in a long time. Working outdoors as you do, you sure don't want to waste good weather because you are all banged up. I've been rather stiff and sore myself lately from working in the garden, but I'm winning and I get to eat the results.:D

John, I hope you heal soon. This is probably one of the longest stretches of nice spring weather we've had in a long time. Working outdoors as you do, you sure don't want to waste good weather because you are all banged up. I've been rather stiff and sore myself lately from working in the garden, but I'm winning and I get to eat the results.:D

I hear ya Jim. I'm taking an office day today so I can catch up on proposals (and heal a bit), but its killing me looking at the great weather outside. I've been so busy I can't even return all of the phone calls. The economy here in Texas is really picking up. Lots of new landowners with big plans. My concrete buddy is doing foundation/slabs for DR Horton. Horton is pulling 30-35 building permits at a time!

I ripped up a new garden for my wife this year. Our last garden was surrounded by RR ties (came with the house). Everything came up like gangbusters, but the fire ants were so bad all she could do was look at it!

Dan took advantage of a little down time to paint my trailer with Sher-Kem. Turned out nice.
Trailer01.jpg Trailer02.jpg Trailer03.jpg Trailer04.jpg

Just thought I'd catch up on a few photos.

Here's a drainage cleanout I did for the local Cowboy Church pastor. He wanted to leave it as "natural" looking as possible.
J Clear01.jpg J Clear02.jpg J Clear03.jpg J Clear04.jpg

FIL Dan on the mini and Lane on the tractor practicing at my house.
Dan Ex01.jpg Dan Ex02.jpg