RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Hahahaha. Stumpy's Farrier Service!

Consider that stolen.:laughing: Carl, post some pics of your SVL90 here when it gets in. That's a bad, bad boy!

Here's a few pics from today. Set a culvert and precast ends. I must be getting CRS cuz I keep forgetting to take "after" pics.
Lois01.jpg Lois02.jpg Lois03.jpg Lois04.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #502  
Thanks! I really do appreciate all of the compliments. I do the best I can on every job I do.

If you are referring to the gravel re-grades, I pick them out by hand.

Funny that you referred to that particular job. I would have had to look back to see which one it was, but I made a wrong turn heading out to look at another job a few days ago and drove by that one. It still looks great.

Okay I do the same.... Usually with a gravel rake. Always the slow part of the day.

Okay I do the same.... Usually with a gravel rake. Always the slow part of the day.

Yeah, it's not much fun. Instead of grading them up and down the drive, I try to corral the clumps by making short drags initially and doing the pull and lift method to make piles. A Ratchet Rake works pretty good for this too, but I'm usually too lazy to take it with me.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #504  
Yeah, it's not much fun. Instead of grading them up and down the drive, I try to corral the clumps by making short drags initially and doing the pull and lift method to make piles. A Ratchet Rake works pretty good for this too, but I'm usually too lazy to take it with me.

Im impressed by your use of a compact tractor in the commercial grading, etc business. Most guys use skid steers. I think the tractor is superior in a number of ways for a lot of jobs.

Is your NH hydro or clutch? Also are u running a hydraulic top link?

Last edited:
Im impressed by your use of a compact tractor in the commercial grading, etc business. Most guys use skid steers. I think the tractor is superior in a number of ways for a lot of jobs.

Is your NH hydro or clutch? Also are u running a hydraulic top link?

There are some places where the tractor is superior to a skid steer. Gravel work is one and there are others as well. I started out grading with skip loaders (industrial tractors), well before skids hit the scene. Having a bucket on one end and a box blade on the rear makes perfect sense for a host of tasks. My record (so far) is fifteen 23-25 ton loads of road base mixed, spread and graded in an eight hour day. Not bad for a 35hp tractor using less than 13 gallons of fuel per day.

Since all of the skids were hand and foot controls back then, I simply didn't like them. Who walks on their hands and picks things up with their feet anyway? And dust a few feet in front of your face and bouncing around all day always seemed like torture to me. It still does.

For grading and heavy lifting, a compact track loader is a much stronger machine than a traditional skid steer. That's why I purchased my TR320. It has pilot controls and a nice cab, which make it a joy to run.

To answer your questions, the NH is a two-pedal hydro and no, I don't run a hydraulic top link or tilt either. I'm close to 3000 hrs on it right now, so when I get another tractor it will get both and a cab too. Not sure what model I'll get though since no one makes what I really want. The Kubota M59 is probably the closest, even though I hate the treadle deal. I'd like to step up to a Deere 210LE, but at 14k I'd have to change trailers and go to a medium duty truck to haul it.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #506  
There are some places where the tractor is superior to a skid steer. Gravel work is one and there are others as well. I started out grading with skip loaders (industrial tractors), well before skids hit the scene. Having a bucket on one end and a box blade on the rear makes perfect sense for a host of tasks. My record (so far) is fifteen 23-25 ton loads of road base mixed, spread and graded in an eight hour day. Not bad for a 35hp tractor using less than 13 gallons of fuel per day.

Since all of the skids were hand and foot controls back then, I simply didn't like them. Who walks on their hands and picks things up with their feet anyway? And dust a few feet in front of your face and bouncing around all day always seemed like torture to me. It still does.

For grading and heavy lifting, a compact track loader is a much stronger machine than a traditional skid steer. That's why I purchased my TR320. It has pilot controls and a nice cab, which make it a joy to run.

To answer your questions, the NH is a two-pedal hydro and no, I don't run a hydraulic top link or tilt either. I'm close to 3000 hrs on it right now, so when I get another tractor it will get both and a cab too. Not sure what model I'll get though since no one makes what I really want. The Kubota M59 is probably the closest, even though I hate the treadle deal. I'd like to step up to a Deere 210LE, but at 14k I'd have to change trailers and go to a medium duty truck to haul it.

Great info. That's a lot of hrs on the NH. Sounds like it has served you well.

I agree on the std Bob Cat controls! Very awkward.

I'd like to have the hydraullic top link and tilt. I need to add remotes to mine to do that. Not cheap. My tractor is shuttle shift too... Maybe I need a new rig! Lol!

How many more hrs will you put on the tractor before u trade? Seems like yours is about the right size. The 210 maybe a little big for some of the work you have shown in the pics.

How you like the Case ctl? I've heard them run and they always sound smooth turning much less rpm than the BobCats

Great info. That's a lot of hrs on the NH. Sounds like it has served you well.

I agree on the std Bob Cat controls! Very awkward.

I'd like to have the hydraullic top link and tilt. I need to add remotes to mine to do that. Not cheap. My tractor is shuttle shift too... Maybe I need a new rig! Lol!

How many more hrs will you put on the tractor before u trade? Seems like yours is about the right size. The 210 maybe a little big for some of the work you have shown in the pics.

How you like the Case ctl? I've heard them run and they always sound smooth turning much less rpm than the BobCats

I've had my issues with the NH, but it was never intended to perform the tasks I ask it to do, so I can't complain. It's been a great money maker for my family. When I buy a different tractor, I'll keep the NH until it's dead. It'll probably outlast me anyway! :laughing:

Besides the drive motor leak on the CASE, I like it a lot. There is more hydro whine inside the cab than I'd like, but the radio cancels it out a bit. Vision to the cutting edge, out the sides and back is VERY nice. The thing's a beast when it comes to lifting and pushing! The nicest feature is that I don't have to wait on rentals anymore. Not having a rental ctl available cost me two jobs this past year.

Having to replace the CASE's leaking drive motor is a pain, but looking at it realistically, I got a great deal on it. I can replace the drive motor and put on a new set of tracks and still be a shade under the going price for a TR2320 with the same hours. Not a bad deal.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #509  
I click on the link and it says invalid?