RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Great news! Paychecks on the way. Mama needs new shoes and baby need more diapers. It will feel like you gave yourself a raise when you get through buying diapers. Only then, they start wanting fancy clothes or video games....$$

Yep, the mattress is getting thin. I think I watched too many westerns during the bad weather and got a bad case of levergun disease. Now I have to feed them too!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #782  
My FIL has gotten Ruger #1 lever gun disease. I think he has 5 or 6 calibers of them now.

He also has a super nice Browning falling block with an octagonal barrel that will drive tacks at 100 yards. 45-70.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #783  
John, thanks for the thread update. Your pics and tales from the front are an inspiration. :thumbsup: Congrats on the new baby!

Thanks Threepoint!

Not much work related biz going on lately. I did finish up a culvert / entrance job today. Spongy pumping ground and more rain on the way tonight.

We took the 'Burb out last weekend to our local 1/8 mile track for the Radial Roundup. Watched a new world record run in the X275 class and a 4.03 run to win the pro class. Lots of fun being able to back right up to the track. North Star Dragway - North Star Dragway Home

Drags315_01.jpg Drags315_02.jpg

Thanks Kyle. Maybe I'm just old, but I'll never understand buying worn out britches. This younger generation...I'll tell ya.

Strange week indeed. The sun finally came out, but the pits didn't start crushing material until Tuesday evening. The material was still too wet for my liking on Wednesday, so I hustled to get a couple of jobs done yesterday and today.

First one...graded and cut a small swale followed by three semi loads of concrete washout and a topping of 3/4 minus.
RT01.jpg RT02.jpg RT03.jpg

Second one...Graded, cut swales and used the excess dirt to repair all the damage done by the concrete truck and crew when they poured the shop slab/footing. Topped it off with two truck & pup loads of crushed limestone road base. No way was I going to back the trucks over the homeowners already cracked concrete, so I shuttled from the street.
LA02.jpg LA03.jpg LA05.jpg LA06.jpg LA07.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #788  
Have you noticed any change in price for material with the lower cost of fuel?

Eddie

Eddie, I had wholesale material prices setup with my two main suppliers before the fuel prices rose and my prices have stayed the same. There was an increase from one pit to my supplier, but I was informed a couple of months before the increase so I could adjust my pricing. I only get one product from that pit (3/4 minus topping). The increase was $1 per ton, and I don't foresee it going down in the future.

I knocked out a few one day jobs this week to catch up a bit.

I broke out my LPGS this week to give it another try. First job with the landplane was to re-grade this gravel driveway. I think I'll have to modify my landplane to make it work the way I want it to. First thing is to cut off the annoying skids so I can get a nicer edge.
DP01.jpg DP02.jpg

Cut and installed a couple of culvert extensions to widen a driveway entrance for a customer with a new travel trailer. Removed rip-rap, installed the pipe ends and bands, backfilled with some roadbase and re-stacked the rip-rap. Sorry, only took one exciting photo.
EX01.jpg

This was actually the first job of the week, but the uploader is putting the photos in alphabetical order. I used my box blade for this one. I cut a swale to reroute the uphill neighbor's grey water away from my customer's driveway, then regraded and topped it with a semi load of base.
LE01.jpg LE02.jpg LE03.jpg