RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #81  
Thanks a bunch! This makes me much more confident! I'm going to compact with a walk behind vibratory plate.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
You're very welcome! Be sure and post some pics of your project. We all love pics!

Finished up a little driveway in Denton today.

Here's the start of the job and using the Rachet Rake to remove sod.
Lindsey1.jpg Lindsey2.jpg

Verizon's line buried 2" deep and 6' from their mark.
Lindsey3.jpg

Denton now requires some type of border, so I decided to use "usually easy to install" metal edging. Sometime in the past someone had buried a bunch of rock and broken concrete where the borders needed to go, making it impossible to drive the stakes. I had to drive a steel stake using a single jack for each hole before replacing it with the little metal stakes. 14 pieces of metal edging with four stakes per piece. Lots of fun. :rolleyes:
Lindsey5.jpg

Graded and complete.
Lindsey6.jpg Lindsey7.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #84  
How did you drive it with a jack?

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #85  
Really nice RDrancher! This rookie is sure enjoying all these pics you're posting, and learning a bunch from them.

How did you drive it with a jack?

Single jack is slang for a short-handled sledge hammer. I take a 15 pounder and cut off the handle to about wrist to elbow length.

Really nice RDrancher! This rookie is sure enjoying all these pics you're posting, and learning a bunch from them.

Thank you!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #87  
That's a good idea! I never have a big enough hammer. Now I know why!

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #88  
Finished up a little driveway in Denton today.

Here's the start of the job and using the Rachet Rake to remove sod.
View attachment 286912 View attachment 286913

Verizon's line buried 2" deep and 6' from their mark.
View attachment 286914

Denton now requires some type of border, so I decided to use "usually easy to install" metal edging. Sometime in the past someone had buried a bunch of rock and broken concrete where the borders needed to go, making it impossible to drive the stakes. I had to drive a steel stake using a single jack for each hole before replacing it with the little metal stakes. 14 pieces of metal edging with four stakes per piece. Lots of fun. :rolleyes:
View attachment 286915

Graded and complete.
View attachment 286916 View attachment 286917

Another nice looking job I am sure these sell themselves when people drive by and see how nice it looks.

Thanks guys.

Started phase two of the RV access job and did some additional work on the bottom section today.

Stockpiled road base for the upper road, gravel for a french drain and rip rap for more culverts.
Skyline26.jpgSkyline27.jpg

Started grading out another drainage swale.
Skyline28.jpgSkyline29.jpg

Removed a couple of feet of rip rap for access to the geotextile, graded, then added additional geo and rip rap, doubling the size of the main catch basin.
Skyline30.jpg