Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 438390919293
    Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Default Re: RDrancher's Photo Thread

I just came across this ad on Craigslist and thought you might enjoy seeing it. Comparing the quality of your work to what they posted pictures of in their advertisement is just amazing. Your edges are always perfect, and these guys don't seem to care, or even realize how bad their work looks.

I don't have words to describe the pond pictures.

Country Boy Gravel Have Gravel Will Travel

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Kubota SVL90-2 CTL

Well Eddie, the ad you linked to was flagged, but they're not hard to find on CL. Spamming with loads of ads seems to be their best talent. lol

And yes, the pond work is extra special!
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

John 14:6

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Glad you where able to find their ad. I don't know anything about them, but figured if somebody was willing to show pictures of such poor quality work, they where really clueless.

As for flagging ads, I know a lady that sells stuff on Craigslist for a living and she routinely flags all her competition. They also flag her all the time. If you talk to her, she will have her phone in her hand 100% of the time flagging others and re-posting her stuff. It's a game to her, and she seems to really enjoy it. Not sure if that's what happened to that ad, or not.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4300, John Deere 450C

Quote Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
    Placed and wheel-roll compacted 48 tons of roadbase and topped it with 24 tons of 3/4" minus crushed limestone. The turnaround area also had trenches through it, so I fixed them and spread the leftover stone.

Attachment 440791 Attachment 440790 Attachment 440792 Attachment 440793 Attachment 440794 Attachment 440795

You'll notice the customer's tractor sitting next to the shed in the first photos. I needed it moved, but he said it wouldn't start. I traced it down to the neutral safety switch. A little tweaking of the mount and it fired right up.
    This thread is terrible.

It's the end of the day, and I'm tired. I sit down, start browsing the posts and pics and now want to go climb on the tractor and grade something, but its too dark to see anything and nobody delivers rock at 10PM. ;-)

Tomorrow I will wake up, but have so much other stuff to do. Thank you for the posts, it's pretty inspirational to see the before and after pics.

~Moses

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by greenmojo View Post
    This thread is terrible.

It's the end of the day, and I'm tired. I sit down, start browsing the posts and pics and now want to go climb on the tractor and grade something, but its too dark to see anything and nobody delivers rock at 10PM. ;-)

Tomorrow I will wake up, but have so much other stuff to do. Thank you for the posts, it's pretty inspirational to see the before and after pics.

~Moses
    You're welcome!

I've been slacking on job pics so here's a few. This driveway was obviously neglected, but it was also topped with a smooth river rock that moved all over the place.
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-sod01-jpg

At least the driveway had a nice layer of roadbase beneath the grass and topping rock. This is the first and only job I've used my rake on. But it worked pretty good.
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-sod02-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-sod03-jpg

Sometimes waiting is the hardest part.
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-sod04-jpg

Much nicer with a nice topping of crushed limestone.
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-sod05-jpg
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Tractor

I had an opportunity to try out a Danuser Intimidator on a few acres of mesquite. I failed to take enough pics, but the size ranged from itty bitty up to 8" or so with multi trunks. Most of the 2-4" mesquite had been cut at some time with a chainsaw so even those tap roots were large and pretty stubborn. The Intimidator is a pretty cool attachment. You can pinch, squeeze, rock and dig like a stump bucket too. I was impressed!
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-mesquite01-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-mesquite02-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-mesquite03-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-mesquite04-jpg RDrancher's Photo Thread-mesquite05-jpg

I felt pretty bad for the new landowner who had just moved here from the city. Someone talked him into and then charged him to treat the algae in the pond the day before. When I started in the morning I noticed a couple nice size bass floating near the shore. By the end of the day there were 50 or more dead fish.
    RDrancher's Photo Thread-mesquite06-jpg
    John

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 438390919293