My McCormick Deerings

/ My McCormick Deerings #1  

Kiwi Farmall

Bronze Member
Tractor
1941 Mccormick Deering Farmall A and 1947 Mccormick Deering W4
These are my two old tractors,a 1941 McCormick Deering Farmall A and a 1947 McCormick Deering W4.Both were sold new in Southland ,New Zealand.They are both hand crank models (never had any electrics fitted)

Attachments

• IMG_1652 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1652 (Small).JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1485 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1485 (Small).JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 009 (Small).JPG
    009 (Small).JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 028 (Small).JPG
    028 (Small).JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 143
   / My McCormick Deerings #2  
Mr. Kiwi, that's one beautiful restoration on that Farmall A. Is the sickle-bar mower behind it yours too? My uncle had one of those when I was about 10 years old ('57), but I don't remember it being anywhere near as pretty as the one behind your tractor. Also, the belt pulley on the W4 looks like it's had recent use. If so, what do you use it for?

Nice photos, thanks for posting.

/ My McCormick Deerings #3  
Nice job on the A. I'm working on restoring a '53 W4 myself. Are you going to restore yours?

/ My McCormick Deerings
Hi there guys
Thanks for the comments on the Farmall A.It took my father and I about a year to get it completed.
The mower my Farmall A was towing belongs to my friends father who is a retired farmer and now is a early Cat collector.It is a McCormick Deering No 6 horse drawn mower that we have changed the drawbar on so that it can be towed at shows by my Farmall A.When it is back at his place he puts the horse pole back in. He has done an amazing job of restoring it.It was built around 1912 and was left under some trees for nearly 65 years before being restored in January of this year for a Show here called Crank Up held by the Edendale Vintage Club(This year the theme was 110 years of International Harvester being in New Zealand).It has been owned by the same family since new.
My W4 was bought at an auction about 3 miles from where I live and belonged to an old guy who's family had bought it new.Going by it's condition I am sure it is a low hour machine and is in original condition.I think that i will restore it but for now I am leaving it as is other than fixing the oil leaks and some other repairs.The W4 had been parked in a shed on the old guys farm for years and not used.I have not used the belt pulley and I don't think that the old guy would have used it in a long time.
The Cats below belong to the owner of the mower.The two tons are 1926 and 1928 and D4 is early 40s

Attachments

• DSC03029 (Small).JPG
    DSC03029 (Small).JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC03034 (Small).JPG
    DSC03034 (Small).JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited: