Smartphone Photo of the Day

/ Smartphone Photo of the Day #611  
10740.jpeg

/ Smartphone Photo of the Day #613  
Out for a hike yesterday in some cold NC weather.

Got to give it to the boys, they're learning about composition LOL

At the top of the finger, if you look closely, you'll see the two climbers.

STONE.png

/ Smartphone Photo of the Day #615  
Office right off the airport. Not many of these fly over. He must of done about 5 touch and goes.

View attachment 539964

No pics, but, I bought a house to rehab that apparently was in the low level training area for Grissom ARB as several times a week A10's and F16s would fly really low left banking turns right over the house. So close that I could see the badge on the pilot's left shoulder..

/ Smartphone Photo of the Day #616  
During the ramp up for Gulf War 2 we were building a house in Atlanta that was in the flight path of Dobbins AFB. We saw what seemed like their entire arsenal and what had to be planes that landed there to fuel up. Every kind of transport (those engines!) and several fighter jets, all at low altitude taking off or landing.

/ Smartphone Photo of the Day #617  
Friday dinner and Saturday meeting. would of loved to spend an extra day, but wife wasn't with me and came home early yesterday to beat the apparent threat of snow.

D.png

C.png

/ Smartphone Photo of the Day #618  
Great photos! Where were they taken?

/ Smartphone Photo of the Day #619  
Charleston. Technically Mount Pleasant, Patriots Point. The hotel we were staying at was located just off the USS Yorktown (air craft carrier in the pic).

My wife had been down with me a couple of times to check the city out, and then later with the kids to show them around Patriots point. Being by myself, didn't feel like staying down Saturday afternoon/night so we just drove back.

Patriots point is pretty cool place to take the kids. Tour the air craft carrier, the sub and the other ship.

Sooner or later we're hoping to take our pack / troop down for an overnight stay on the Carrier.

Patriots Point Overnight Camping Overview | Patriots Point