JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper'

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #1  

Boots

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2240 2wd, (50 pto hp)
JD 2240 - Fixer\' Upper\'

Well, here's the JD 2240 I just bought in all her glory. Just as delivered. I don't think this baby has ever been washed or degreased so I've got my work cut out for me. I'll post more photo's as I make improvements. I might even get some here to help me post 2 at the same time, before and after. That's my Ford F250 in the back.

Happy New Year,
Boots

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #2  
Re: JD 2240 - Fixer\' Upper\'

Boots, looks good to me (especially being green an all)/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #3  

Hey Boots, not a bad looking tractor at all. My father-in-law wants me to take his John Deere 60. It was built in 1959 the year I was born. Wasn't to happy about it untill I bought a tractor and know more now about them. Looks like we both have a labor of love for tractors coming up.
Take care,
Al
p.s. Hope to send a picture upon arrival!

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper'

I forgot to mention. This JD was made in Manheim (sp?), Germany! I spoke with an ex JD regional Manager and he told me that in 1980 when this machine was made, only JD models over 100 hp were made in the USA, Utility size machines were made in Manheim, and small machines were made in Japan. I was surprised!

I won't charge you guys anything for that bit of trivia.

Happy New Year,
Boots

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #5  

Nice tractor, Like you said a little cleaning up and some PM and you'll be ready to roll. I like the idea of the before and after pixs, hope you can follow up on that. Congratulations and a Happy New Year.

Ernie
"Do not be uneasy about me, I am among friends"
David Crockett 1836 (in a letter to his family)

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #6  

Now that is a tractor, I like the quick adjust rear wheels. reminds me of the farm tractors i used to drive. jim

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #7  

Boots -

That puppy looks like she has plenty of fight left in her!

You'll probably enjoy fixin' her up as much as using her.

(Oops! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I assumed it's a "her" -- I'm not sure how to tell the gender of those green machines.) /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig5.gif

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #8  

Boots,
Try a good pressure washer.

I know some people don't like to use diesel fuel to clean and greasy area,but it does work great.

I wouldn't call that a fixer upper....darn good shape compare to others I seen alot newer.

Have a safe and pleasant New Years.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #9  

Looks great to me.

Have fun/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

/ JD 2240 - Fixer' Upper' #10  

Boots, that's what I call a "real" tractor! Good color too. Congratulations on your find.

Rob
18-25126-790sig.gif