czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
The plus - no blood shot meat

The minus - need new headlight

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351872866_613792.jpg

/ Motorcycle hunting #3  
My buddy bagged a white tail with his soft tail last year. Hope you came out o.k.

/ Motorcycle hunting
I came out with the black side still down where it belongs but it was more his accidental and luck than anything else. It was 5:30AM, doe goes from right to left in front of me, before I decided to slow down or whatnot, there he was. Hit him with the headlight and right shin. I even expected him to be gonne, it felt such a light hit. But he was right there, dead in the ditch. On top of the headlight the #4 spark plug cap was broken, went back home on 3 - was only a mile or so.
If I had time to brake, chances are I would take him head on and I would likely flip or wipe out ugly.

/ Motorcycle hunting #5  
Did you come back for the deer with four wheels, or ride home with the deer on your lap?

/ Motorcycle hunting #7  
The resulting damage could have been much worse. The meat was fresh and your freezer was supplied with venison. In my area, I try my best not to drive from dusk to dawn unless it is necessary. Deer are very plentiful around here and the local body shops are busier this time of year. I'm sincerely glad that you weren't injured.

/ Motorcycle hunting #8  
Glad you made it out unscathed. Meetings between deer and motorcycles don't usually end well for either party. Take care.

/ Motorcycle hunting #9  
Glad you came out right side up.

Buddy of mine and his wife were riding, when a deer jumped out and knocked him over, ran right into the side of him. They had just slowed down to 50 because of curve. His poor wife riding on another bike behind him thought he had been killed. No bad injuries, stresses and bruises, deer did alright too, being as it had a nice cushion to run into. :)

/ Motorcycle hunting
We had very strong rut this year, maybe due to Sandy, but them deer were crazy all over the place.

I take it as one for statistics, I should not hit another deer in my lifetime. :)