Picture of my pond

/ Picture of my pond #1  

Dozernut

Veteran Member
Tractor
ZD1211, RTV900, LX2610SU and a SVL65 CTL
The weather is brutal with the low temps and wind so I decided to post a picture of my pond in the Spring before the drought. 028.JPG

/ Picture of my pond #2  
What do you do load push mower into boat to move island? Sure is a nice lake too!

/ Picture of my pond #3  
Beautiful pond you have there. How low does it get in the summer months?

/ Picture of my pond #4  
Very nice. Love how natural it looks with the curving shoreline.

Eddie

/ Picture of my pond #5  
Well done..like golf coarse.

/ Picture of my pond #6  
The weather is brutal with the low temps and wind so I decided to post a picture of my pond in the Spring before the drought.

That's a nice pond. :thumbsup: Be sure to keep the Cattails out because they are tough to get rid of once established.

/ Picture of my pond
Thanks for the compliments!
Yes, I load the mower in the boat to mow the island.
Cattails are a constant threat but with the right aquatic weed spray they are kept under control. Water Primrose is a bigger problem, harder to control. The flocks of geese that think this is a party zone brought the Primrose in. I don't try to eliminate all of it because it does stabilize the shoreline and the fish like to hide in it. The pond is big enough that waves are an erosion problem.
Last Summers drought dropped the water level down 3', during a normal Summer the water level drops about a foot.
We have a pedal boat that is kept busy during the Summer and family and friends like to fish for Bass and Catfish. The biggest Channel cat caught was just shy of 10lbs.
The pond was built in my spare time and took four Summers to build, in between dozers breaking down and other equipment failures. I actually enjoyed the construction stage as it was a great stress reliever and my troubles would disapear while on the dozer.

/ Picture of my pond #8  
Dozernut said:
Thanks for the compliments!
Yes, I load the mower in the boat to mow the island.
Cattails are a constant threat but with the right aquatic weed spray they are kept under control. Water Primrose is a bigger problem, harder to control. The flocks of geese that think this is a party zone brought the Primrose in. I don't try to eliminate all of it because it does stabilize the shoreline and the fish like to hide in it.
Last summers drought dropped the water level down 3', during a normal summer the water level drops about a foot.
We have a pedal boat that is kept busy during the Summer and family and friends like to fish for Bass and Catfish. The biggest Channel cat caught was just shy of 10lbs.

What product do you use for cattails? They are in our pond, and I kinda like them but not to many. I would like to keep them under control.

/ Picture of my pond
What product do you use for cattails? They are in our pond, and I kinda like them but not to many. I would like to keep them under control.

I use the aquatic herbicide Avocet plx, it does not harm the fish. Roundup will work but the surfactant will kill off your amphibians. I mix it in a pump sprayer or my 12 volt tank sprayer and it does the job very well. Just don't spray before a rain so it does not rinse off, it takes about a week to see them start to die.

/ Picture of my pond #10  
Man that is nice! How many acres is it and about how deep when it full? Any springs or is it just run off?