Minnesota Evening

/ Minnesota Evening #1  

Bob_In_MN

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4010
Saturday I spread 6 tons of rock so I didn't get to cut the lawn. Yesterday was hot and humid so I didn't do much in the afternoon. About 7 PM we started getting some cooler dryer air from the North so I decided to cut the lawn.

Snapped this pic after I was finished. The land located to the left of the fence (if you imagine the fence continuing back) was an old pasture. After using the tiller and mowing it a few times with my old JD, it has started to take shape and is smooth enough where I feel comfortable using the newer mower.

Bob

Attachments

• 294204-MN Evening.jpg
    294204-MN Evening.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 383
   / Minnesota Evening #2  
Very nice Bob, I agree, this summer so far has been cooler than most with good rain. Seems most of the country is either burning up or very warm with no moisture.
PJ

/ Minnesota Evening
PJ,

I take it you must be in your Minnesota rotation (noted you also are in Montana).

Yes--this summer has be very nice. I think we average 14 days over 90 degrees (typical MN summer). Last year we had around 25 90+ degree days and it seemed to be more humid. This year, I think we have officially hit 90 1 time. It's been a nice change. I don't mind the heat, but am not real fond of the humidity.

Bob

/ Minnesota Evening #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't mind the heat, but am not real fond of the humidity.
)</font>

Hey Bob!

Speaking as your neighbor to the east, I agree with you whole heartedly! Around here, people are talking about the number of days that we've been below 90 rather than above it! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Certainly makes for much more pleasant evenings! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Minnesota Evening #5  
Just sold our Minnesota home (close on the 30th) and will take a two month vacation then head to Montana first of October. Will start developing our land there for an ornamental grasses arboretum (five year project) and spend winters in our greenhouse developing grass seed combinations.
PJ