New tractor owner photos

/ New tractor owner photos #11  
Re: Now look at the fence

Boy, what a nice job. Have done the same thing in the past with thorn trees. Och!!! It's nice to have the equipment to do the job. I hear you on being careful with the loader.
Have a great day!!!

/ New tractor owner photos #12  
The before/after pics are great.You can really get a feel for what you and your partner have accomplished.

When my wife and I bought our first piece of property,it had about 4 acres of brush that had been let go for years.Nothing but Multifloral Rose,Hedge and thorny Locust.

We worked for two months cleaning up that mess,doing all the work with a small Echo chainsaw and our backs.That was well before our first Kubota.

Seeing the great pictures you've posted reminds me of that time /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Good looking equipment and a nice looking fence,now that you can see it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New tractor owner photos
Thanks folks,

The thorn bushes are in my opinions natures nastiest creations. We were joking that if these things were surrounding Alcatraz, it will still be open and there would have been no escape attempts /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I have done this in other areas of our property with the old chain saw and wheel barrow method and I know how much nicer the tractor has made it.

I lke the 4 x 4 on the ground to remind me of where the truck is. The duals are a little bit of problem, but they are plastic and do flex quite a bit so I probably wouldn't get a dent but an ugly scratch. Still not very pleasant. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I havem had this truck loaded by big equipment before and it always makes me nervous.

One of the things I like about the 790/419 combo is the had a good reach at full height when compared to the other similar tractors. Once I got the bed pretty full my concern was actually dumping close to my side so I didn't roll the logs off the top and onto the OTHER dually. I was actually getting better and started 'patting" them down so they sat level in the bed. Yes, I was going sloooooooooow.

The next job is the bonfire. I have burned in the past but this time I will follow the rules and get a permit from the Town,. they are free anyway. I have 3 big piles so far. I figure I will burn one and then bulldoze the others on top as the fire burns down. This way it is controlled.

Should make a nice photo and a BIG blaze.

/ New tractor owner photos #14  
"I figure I will burn one and then bulldoze the others on top as the fire burns down. This way it is controlled."

I was driving home and saw a guy using a small 'dozer doing that to a burn pile.
Next day when I was driving home I saw a burned out dozer setting there.

Be careful when you get that close!

No, you can bet I will wait until the pile has burned down and then plow a wide pile onto the embers and just inch it in. This is semi-green so it will not go up like that.

/ New tractor owner photos #16  
All I've got to say is you've got more &^%%%** than I do!!! I wouldn't even try and use the loader to put stuff in my 350 dually. Maybe that has something to do with the fact I've tryed it on previous trucks!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Well I made sure I got a loader that would clear the truck easily just for this reason. Many of the CUTs I looked at had less reach when raised to max. The only problem is this loader is 61" inches wide, it may be about 1" too wide to unload from the rear without the tailgate on. I haven't tried but I think it isn't going to work. I knew that when I ordered but going down in size meant the non HD loader and more trips to the manure pile. One day I'll look to get a cheap small bucket maybe 48" just for unloading. It is nice to just pull the wood, chips, item or manure off the bed.

It may just be that I don't know any better and that's why I loaded the truck. Ignorance is bliss. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

P.S. that camera angle makes it look worse I have a GOOD 3" clearance on my side. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif If I hit the truck it won't be loading, it'll be because I forgot to take it out of 1st when I pulled "away". /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ New tractor owner photos #18  
When we cleared off 30 acres of new property (it was old grape fields that were overgrown) we used a JD 450G. Cleared all the fields which contained brush, trees, grape roots, post, wire and some topsoil all at once. We pushed everything into large piles and set them ablaze after they had a couple days for the weeds to start drying out. As you can imagine, 30 acres makes a lot of big piles. We burned about half of them and let the other half stay for now (makes nice hiding places for rabbits and birds). We do not need permits here and are allowed to use tires to start a brush pile on fire (only 2 per pile). The fires would burn for days as the post would burn down under the topsoil that was in the pile as well. Once the piles burned down enough we dug out a hole with the dozer and buried some of them. After a year the other piles the TN moved into the brush and others got piled into larger piles since it was mostly top soil left as most of the wire was destroyed after the fire weakened it so much that it just rusted away in a years time. Now it has been 4 years since we cleared the fields and the piles we left are what we are pulling topsoil out of now. It is some of the nicest top soil around and it is FREE /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now for the reason I started this long tale, when we were burning we used the dozer to control the fires. We would not drive up onto the fire but use the blade to push the pile into itself as it started burning down. The 450 had a 10' blade on it so it could push a nice pile. The biggest worry we had was the hoses if the fire was too hot as there were a lot of hydraulic lines for the blade but we were lucky and did not have any problems with them. So good luck and make sure you clear away any dead grass that might want to start up before you start your fire. Our fields were barren dirt when we burned so we didn't have to worry about them catching on fire but if we were to burn any piles now (there are a couple left) we would plow up the ground around the piles first and till it down to give the field a buffer from the fire so we don't have a bigger fire then we wanted /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Well, have fun and keep your truck away from that fire /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New tractor owner photos #19  
Re: A little more confident with the FEL

<font color="blue"> a nice truck (ours use to look like that but being in construction we have a lot of people who work for us and don't think much about being careful around our vehicles) </font>

You know, I hate to admit this, but that is EXACTLY why I buy older, used municipal dump trucks for that kind of work. I don't care who drives them or loads them or anything because they're just old trucks that one more ding, scratch or dent isn't going to hurt at all. Even when I'm loading one of them I drive right up to the point of my JD grille guard touching the bedside then tip my bucket to dump it.

I try to keep my Tahoe kind of nice still as it's my primary driver. As to something like the dump trucks, I'll stick with the old stuff. I can buy one for about a dime on the dollar of a new one's sticker and not feel bad the first time it gets dinged up.

/ New tractor owner photos #20  
Re: A little more confident with the FEL

It isn't so much driveing the trucks but our tools are stored in the trucks so when any of our workers need them they know where to get them. Well, in most cases they forget they have a lot of metal objects hanging on their waist and the F-250's sit up high so they scratch the trucks up fairly well. We have a dump trailer that we don't mind getting scratched but we try to keep our trucks and most of our equipment looking nice as it gives our clients a better impression if we don't pull into a job with a bunch of beat up trucks and tools.