Photo Editing Software recommendations

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #31  
Hi Eddie,

I did these in photoshop using some of the picture filters. I was asking about your camera to see if it could shoot RAW photos. If shooting RAW I could do some nice HDR (high dynamic range) editing for you. If you can let me know what your after I may be able to play around with it a little more.

Below is an example of what can be done using a RAW photo file of my dogs. 1st photo - original, 2nd - photo HDR, 3rd photo HDR converted to B&W and background removed.

Original

HDR

HDR converted to B&W

Jeremy

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations
I never heard of RAW before and will look it up. I just take lots of pics for fun and delete most of them. Karen and I are going on a cruise in a couple of months and we thought it would be fun to make up some tshirts with Tyler TX on them and use pictures of Oscar, then post them on FB while we are in different places. I really like the black and white without any background, but your dogs look a lot better then the one of Oscar. I'm also wanting to see if I can convert a picture of him into a graphic of just one color. Solid and empty areas that look like him, but would be of any color, but just one color.

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #33  
I looked up the specs on your camera. The current one doesn't support a RAW file but the SX50 does. Nothing you really need but does allow a lot more latitude when editing and also allows for creating HDR photos. The pic of my dogs in B&W are due to using a raw file and converting into HDR for more detail and highlights. Another thread would probably needed to get into all the details. I'll play with the photo of Oscar a bit tonight.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. Looks like another great reason to get the SX50!!!!

Eddie

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #35  
Here's a few more for you Eddie.

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #36  
I read it in the Gimp agreement you have to check you agree to....It basically said you agree they are going to tack all of the web sites you visit....If I misread it let me know...I know when I saw that I just stopped reading and cancelled the download.
I don't know where you tried to down load it from, but from the OFFICIAL site, GIMP - Downloads , I just downloaded it again and there was NO agreement to check.

This is the license:
GIMP is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

GIMP is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with GIMP. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

After I downloaded I just ran it, again no agreement came up.

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #37  
You may want to try this FotoSketcher | Turn photos into art for free for turning your photos into sketches, etc. I've played around with it a bit and it's very easy to use.

This took 3-4 minutes total...and I have no idea what I'm doing. :laughing:

dogs_zps0fee8f4e.jpg

FotoSketcher-dogs2_zps2d64d357.jpg

FotoSketcher-dogs_zps28c914de.jpg

FotoSketcher-dogs3_zpsdeb4f453.jpg

FotoSketcher-dogs4_zps68e10507.jpg

FotoSketcher-dogs5_zpscce34eb9.jpg

FotoSketcher-dogs7_zps19d509e7.jpg

FotoSketcher-dogs6_zpsa56060f5.jpg

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #38  
I don't know where you tried to down load it from, but from the OFFICIAL site, GIMP - Downloads , I just downloaded it again and there was NO agreement to check.

This is the license:

After I downloaded I just ran it, again no agreement came up.

Open source (GNU) software can be altered and re-distributed by anyone with the ability to do so...as long as they are not trying to sell/profit from it...that is why you see things like "tool bars" attached to the distributions...
on a side note...FWIW...Unless you actually write a program/script etc. yourself...you really don't own any software...when you "buy" software all you are really buying is a license to use it...

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #39  
But once again someone makes a comment
Warning....Warning Wil Robinson - Have you read the user agreement on Gimp....no way I would agree to that...they want to track all the web sites you visit....read it very carefully...Eddie is right to be very cautious with these free programs....think about it...Nothing is free....follow the money always....;)
and people seem to take it as gospel, without looking it up for themselves.

I suspect brin was not getting it directly from the Gimp homepage.

I've been using Gimp for editing since about 1998. My main use lately is a little resize script I run all my 4K by 3K pixels digital pics thru to make them 800x600.

I'm struggling with the fonts on this, but I like the picture a lot.

Albumen10-5TylerTX.jpg

Eddie