Photo Editing Software recommendations

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #41  
I use the ArcSoft photo studio that came free when I bought a Cannon scanner years ago.. It works pretty well, and it was free.

James K0UA

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #42  
Hi

The GIMP is extremly good and unless you have very very specific requirements it will be fine for what you wish to do.
As the person below suggested, get it from the GIMP homepage at GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program (and it's license is here http://www.gimp.org/about/COPYING). It does NOT track you or your web habits. A copy from some other nefarious site may have modified it to do so, but the one at the homepage does not do this.

I use the GIMP for professional publishing in refereed journals and also for general image enhancement, contrast, level and sharpness modification.

But once again someone makes a comment and people seem to take it as gospel, without looking it up for themselves.

I suspect brin was not getting it directly from the Gimp homepage.

I've been using Gimp for editing since about 1998. My main use lately is a little resize script I run all my 4K by 3K pixels digital pics thru to make them 800x600.

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #43  
I think I know what might be in the works here.
3388e252.gif

Oscarjpg_zps1a48337b.jpg

:D

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #44  
By far one of the best and useful image editing programs is 'Irfanview'....not only that it is 100% free...

The developer of this software has refused offers of millions of dollars to make it a commercial app...he insists on keeping it free...

Download and install all the plug-ins and it is even more powerful

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide[/QUOTE

I downloaded and am giving IrfanView a try. Seems to have a lot of capability except am having problems with resizing jpg's. I get the message "Can't Load Plugin RIOT.DLL" when trying to save a resized jpg. I downloaded the plugin package and still getting the message.

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #45  
I don't know anything about software but the photos all look good.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #46  
By far one of the best and useful image editing programs is 'Irfanview'....not only that it is 100% free...

The developer of this software has refused offers of millions of dollars to make it a commercial app...he insists on keeping it free...

Download and install all the plug-ins and it is even more powerful

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide[/QUOTE

I downloaded and am giving IrfanView a try. Seems to have a lot of capability except am having problems with resizing jpg's. I get the message "Can't Load Plugin RIOT.DLL" when trying to save a resized jpg. I downloaded the plugin package and still getting the message.

Did the plugins install?...I think there are two ways to install...either with a self extracting archive (.exe) or manually (.zip)...

open Irfanview and click on "Help"...then click "installed plugins"....see if the .DLL is listed...?

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations #47  
Did the plugins install?...I think there are two ways to install...either with a self extracting archive (.exe) or manually (.zip)...

open Irfanview and click on "Help"...then click "installed plugins"....see if the .DLL is listed...?

Yes, it shows about two dozen *.dll plugins. Not sure which one deals with image sizing.

/ Photo Editing Software recommendations
I think I know what might be in the works here.
3388e252.gif

Oscarjpg_zps1a48337b.jpg

:D

Thanks, that's great!!!!!

I've been playing around with Coral and Irfanview, but haven't touched Gimp. It's something I want to spend time learning how to use, but haven't had a lot of time lately to just sit and relax. Once again, going on vacation is creating a lot of work for me. LOL

Eddie