If you can remember these, you are older than dirt

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt
Fine memories-certainly not fine wine.

At my age and on a retiree's income, fine wine usually consists of a generic brand (Sutter Home, Twisted, etc) 1.5 liter bottle of Moscato on sale for $8.99.

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #22  
I must back back more then you guys. As a teen the only one I can remember is Thunderbird wine for $1.00 a 1/5th bottle.
i sure do remember $1.00 bottles of thunder bird us boys would gather up and didn't have much money so we would look at what we could get the most of for the least amount cash. if we got beer it was Black label or pabst blue ribbion. some times we would get rolling rock beer.

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #23  
I must back back more then you guys. As a teen the only one I can remember is Thunderbird wine for $1.00 a 1/5th bottle.

I remember that!, although I never drank *much* of it.

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #24  
If you're "Older Than Dirt" you drank wine out of clear glass jug's! More upscale the jugs may have been Brown! You may even have added clear alcohol for the real "Busthead " effect. Something that would stick to your ribs for several days!:D

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #25  
In SC it was Boones Farm apple wine and blueberry hill. It you were really broke you got Mad Dog 20/20. Have not had any wine since my teen years. Don't ever like to smell it.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #26  
Anyone else out there ever cut their beer teeth on Golden Goeble? (Not sure of the spelling). When I was just a "yute", it sold for $.89/6-pack. Then, inflation kicked it up to $.99/6, then up to around $1.25 as I recall before it disappeared from the beer coolers. Rumor was that it was made by Strohs brewing company? Lots of good memories of my pals and I saving our lunch money in high school to buy a six pack for the weekend!

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #27  
The Brew 102 brewery was a landmark in downtown L.A. for many years. Drove by it many times on the way to Dodger games....Regards, Mike

Yep......they demolished that building several years ago....but it was a landmark in LA. Funny story....my brother worked there a few summers back in the 60's. Budweiser hadn't yet expanded their brewery and they needed greater capacity to keep up with demand. They contracted with Brew 102....AKA Meyers Brewery. They brewed Bud....including their famous beechwood.....in Brew 102 tanks. Part of the contract was that they canned Bud for 2/3's of the tank...and Brew 102 for the remaining 1/3. Brew 102 was about half the price of Bud in those days and Bud drinkers used to say they'd never drink that Brew 102 crap! It was the same beer for at least two summers that I know of!! A few years later......Bud expanded their Van Nuys brewery....built Busch Gardens and ended the contract. I remember my brother buying cases of "shorts" for a dollar......he had a lot of friends!:laughing:

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #28  
do'nt remember that brand but drank my share of MD20-20,ripple and boones farm.when I was in Vietnam some New Zelanders turned me on to Fosters Lager...russ

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #29  
Bali-High?

mark

/ If you can remember these, you are older than dirt #30  
Anybody ever mix Everclear and grape juice? What was it that drink was called? . . . Purple Jesus is the name I remember.