Antique Tractors at the fair

/ Antique Tractors at the fair
Thanks for posting, I love looking at old tractors.
Your welcome.

I was actually looking to buy one for a while, but the prices were crazy high on the ones I was interested in such as the Model G, the Farmall Cub, and the Economy tractors. I wanted one to actually work with, as well as 'possibly' to take to parades and fairs.

/ Antique Tractors at the fair #12  
Your welcome.

I was actually looking to buy one for a while, but the prices were crazy high on the ones I was interested in such as the Model G, the Farmall Cub, and the Economy tractors. I wanted one to actually work with, as well as 'possibly' to take to parades and fairs.

I imagine restored ones are pretty high. A man a few miles north of me recently completed restoration on an old Farmall. I remember how it looked before he started and can only imagine how much work was involved. He had it out on display with a plow and belt driven hammer mill and I didn't have my camera with me.

The man that owns my Kubota dealership has some antiques and they go on rides with them.

/ Antique Tractors at the fair
I found a Cub Lowboy, the guy said he wanted 2750. It needed restored, and it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted the full size, but I digress.

While the Lowboy looked rough, it was mainly covered with dirt and grease on closer inspection. Even the battery box was very nice, but the tractor still needed paint at the very least. And at the time (in my mind) I wanted a tractor with enough clearance to cultivate the garden as well as plow it and still show it. In the end, the new Massey won, as I could till and put straw down and switch to diesel which seems to be more reliable.

/ Antique Tractors at the fair #14  
Thanks for sharing. It looks like there were some nice tractors there but I did not see any old Kubota's;). Someday I would like to get a 70's Kubota B series to take to antique tractor shows. I bet a Jap tractor would get some people wound up at the shows.

/ Antique Tractors at the fair #15  
Thanks for the pictures, I really enjoyed them.