Argentina to Alaska

/ Argentina to Alaska #1  

GaryG

Silver Member
Tractor
BX22
This 1928 Graham Paige Automobile was driven from Argentina to Alaska. It is a young couple with a baby making this trip. I heard it running and it sounded like a sewing machine. Oh and yes that is snow on the ground on 9/11/03. Cold too about 25 degrees F.

Attachments

• 315603-Argentina.JPG
    315603-Argentina.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 688
   / Argentina to Alaska #2  
That is a LONG way..... where was the picture taken?

kewl.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
-Mike Z.

/ Argentina to Alaska #3  
I saw this car and the couple with the kid at a pizza place just north of San Fancisco - must have been 2-3 months ago
The car looked a little bit better- worn but well maintained
I guess they made it all the way /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Argentina to Alaska #4  
I saw them at the Alaska State Fair about two weeks ago. I understand they were heading north to Prudhoe Bay (Deadhorse) this month, another 800 miles north.

The local paper reported they were not allowed to drive the Prudhoe road due to security and environmental restrictions. I think they had to continue in an "approved" vehicle for the final segment. The picture is probably north of Fairbanks on the haul road at one of the camps.

John

/ Argentina to Alaska #5  
Gary--

I've been hearing interviews with them on the radio for the last several months--a very charming pair who had a wacky and wonderful dream--and achieved it with flying colors and good humor!! Respect!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Argentina to Alaska #6  
Gary--

I tracked down this link to the wonderful story of the Zapps' trip from Argentina to Alaska, along with many pictures. I thought you and others might be interested.

/ Argentina to Alaska #7  
This is great! Thanks so much .. wow .. that has got to be the greatest of fun ...
Thanks so much for sharing ...
Leo

/ Argentina to Alaska #8  
Thanks! What an interesting world we live in.

/ Argentina to Alaska #9  
Check out the zip tie holding the doors shut (between the handles)
You have to love suicide doors.

/ Argentina to Alaska #10  
Thanks for the link, Rick. I loved those pictures. How about the tractor farm-rib front tires? They look just like the front tires on my Ford Jubilee. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif