Landscaping: Rocks around my pond.

/ Landscaping: Rocks around my pond. #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Whos bright Idea was this anyway:confused3: Oh yea, mine:laughing:

Well, this is what ~2 tons of rocks did. Got about 75' around the side. Only another 425' to go. So it looks like at least 6 more 2 ton truckloads:mur: I was initially guessing 10, so I guess that aint bad. But alot of work loading and unloading and placing by hand.

IMG_20130827_115652_750.jpg

/ Landscaping: Rocks around my pond. #2  
Looks Good LD, I always under estimate stone, it just never goes far! I think it because we under estimate the weight.
Oh, and about placing them by hand... you're right about that part for sure!

/ Landscaping: Rocks around my pond.
Next load ready to be placecd :mur:

IMG_20130827_142805_962.jpgIMG_20130827_142814_219.jpg

/ Landscaping: Rocks around my pond. #4  
Lotta work, but it looks good in the end:thumbsup:

/ Landscaping: Rocks around my pond. #5  
Beautiful looking pond (even without the rocks) LD!!

Thanks.

/ Landscaping: Rocks around my pond. #7  
Ld You have been on a rampage this Month. Nice job.

Yeah, rampage is an understatement. Perks of being unemployed and having tons of time I guess :D

/ Landscaping: Rocks around my pond. #9  
The rocks look great, LD. Are you putting any landscape cloth underneath? Grass will grow up through those rocks and need trimming to maintain the look. Of course, you can spray with herbicide, but that is dangerous to fish. A propane torch will work and it's more fun to operate. You might use some strong 80% to 90% vinegar as well that will kill the vegetation and be safe for the fish. Anyway you look at it, putting down the rocks is just the start of the work required to keep it lookin' good.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna use 4" to 6" crushed limestone rip-rap around my ponds eventually. I can get a bobtail load for around $300. I plan to put down a weed barrier cloth before the rip-rap goes in. Of course, in our current drought, getting water into the ponds is the biggest challenge.

/ Landscaping: Rocks around my pond. #10  
Not to be a worry wart...but be careful now in our ponds in the summer..If you have a cut or cut yourself keep the cut away from the pond water..wear a rubber glove...this flesh eating bacteria in a real killer and it is killing people who are in lake and ponds in the south especially in the hot summer months....I know it won't happen to any of us....but just to be safe ...be mindful of this risk...;)

The pond and rocks look great...lots of work...