Deer Blind Project

/ Deer Blind Project #1  

Docsknotinn

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2210
I recently had this delivered from Texas. When it arrived I was very thankfull for a tractor as I need it to smooth out a nice area with 23a as well as Pull the blind upright. Once up right we used the FEL to lift one side of the blind and four guys to lift the other as we set it in place. When I met my wife she did not hunt, shoot, fish or do any of the out doorsy stuff. Since then she has accompanied me with out complaint (ok minimal) to Alaska, Texas, Canada etc hunting fishing and camping. She has also endulged me in my desire to own a camp with all the toys...I mean tools like a tractor. So I thought the very least I could do was to get her the most comfy deer blind a person could get . Dave

Attachments

• 324690-misc_0316.jpg
    324690-misc_0316.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 562
   / Deer Blind Project #2  
Shh! looks like there's a deer in the woods even as we speak. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(Nice looking blind. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

/ Deer Blind Project
lol, and they'll probably stay there. We like being in the woods more than any thing. Heres another view.

Attachments

• 324698-misc_0314.jpg
    324698-misc_0314.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 410
   / Deer Blind Project
Another view.

Attachments

• 324699-misc_0315.jpg
    324699-misc_0315.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 304
   / Deer Blind Project
A view of the main road comeing in to our place with the leafs starting to turn. I think I need to play with my camera and see if it will take larger photos as I am getting a fair amount of white noise after running the photos through the paint program to enlarge them.....More projects ! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Dave

Attachments

• 324702-misc_0309_1.jpg
    324702-misc_0309_1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 314
   / Deer Blind Project #6  
Yeah, it is nice to take the pictures at the highest setting possible on the camera, then downsize them for the internet. That way, you have the highest quality to work with from the start.

Your blind looks larger than my first house! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Deer Blind Project #7  
Dave:

That looks like a good road for my sled. Your blind most certainly looks nicer than some of the "dives" we have stayed in on our snowmachine adventures!!

I was looking for that "stump", you know, the one that attacked your oil pan!!

/ Deer Blind Project
I am takeing photos on the highest setting. Theese for example came in at aroud 60 mb. I like to expand them as close to 100 as possible so they are full page photos. I'm thinking my camera has three photo sizes but I have to read the manual..lol. I always save that for last. The first photo was not expanded. Its fun to realize that one of your toys does something you didn't know it could a year later. Its like getting new stuff for free ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The stump in question was down a trail I was blazing through the woods. I got stuck in one of those ruts that fill in with leafs and debris so the ground looks nice and level till you drive on it and then it sinks. I wound up ordering another Duramax today. Between tires, Brakes, Shocks, front end alignment, oil pan, skid plates etc. I was faceing a BIG repair bill. The biggest concern the dealer had was all of the scratches in the clear coat from driveing through the woods. Next to no interest and fat rebates made a big impact. I bought this one on the 36 month 0% so I had a LOT of equity to put down. Next time I think I might get out and look under neath /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Dave

/ Deer Blind Project #9  
Was there supposed to be something in the picture? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I couldn't see it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Must have been camo'ed..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Deer Blind Project #10  
Dave:

You ought to LEASE one. That's what my brother-in-law does. He uses his pickup on hunting expeditions and it get's beat up too. He leases them and the dealer never questions the damage and never looks underneath!!