My Fergie 203 Industrial needing some TLC

/ My Fergie 203 Industrial needing some TLC #1  

ArmyFergie203

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2203 Industrial
Having now done an intro I thought it would be appropriate to post some images of my son and I's new tractor.

It's an ex army tractor and has the chassis number 836801 and its a 2203 Industrial model.

Looking for info about her history and also replacing the broken / missing parts.

In the UK I have a vintage tractor parts dealer near by called May Hill and they seem to have quite a few items. Also eBay is useful.

My first challenge is the light switch, which doesn't look like the 'Egg' shape one I thought it might be, especially with the outline of a plaque or cover plate showing?

I know the front wheels are fitted the wrong way around and that it should have 7.50x16 tyres fitted.

Here's some photos to show how she is right now.

It has also had an Exmoor roll cage added, which I will be removing and selling on soon.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
   / My Fergie 203 Industrial needing some TLC
It is now believed that the wheels on this MF2203 were actually standard on the MF20 industrials and that the lugs are MOLCON and were brazed on for other wheels or attachments.

The 2203 has wet brakes that makes it different to the 135, but more in keeping with a 65/165 model??

The part numbers are shown on the axle casing, so if anyone can confirm this please as I don't have those parts books.

Originally power steering would have been fitted and I now know what is believed to be the steering pump

The army vehicle data plate is all a little more visible now

Does anyone know what the picture shows next as it looks like a lever is missing from a splined rod / linkage on the rear axle

/ My Fergie 203 Industrial needing some TLC #3  
The MF203 was a great machine. If I recall, that shaft with the missing lever is the differential lock.

The MF203 was a great machine. If I recall, that shaft with the missing lever is the differential lock.

Indeed it is
User Handbook identified its lever operated and not by pedal
Having fun with her petite but muscular looks

/ My Fergie 203 Industrial needing some TLC #5  
With the MF203 I owned that could have been identified as a lever... foot actuated.

Image from user handbook showing lever inside Right Hand rear mudguard / Fender

tractor mirror and diff lock.jpg