Eagles Nest

/ Eagles Nest #1  

Tollster

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, BX23
I had no idea how hard it was to get eye level with an eagle's nest!

1970567_10200877898228562_2058965581_n.jpg

I am seeing them more frequently in rural area's near my home in Pennsylvania.

/ Eagles Nest #3  
I had no idea how hard it was to get eye level with an eagle's nest!

Very nice.

Not long ago it was unlawful to travel with 750 ft of a nesting bald eagle.

What ever you do ...do not pick up any feathers you my find from that area. A friend of mine learned a hard lesson. He paid a hefty fine and was thankful to not have been incarcerated for picking up and being in possession of an eagle feather.
USFWS Midwest Region - Bald and Golden Eagle Permits
USFWS Midwest Region Eagle Incidental Take Permit

/ Eagles Nest #4  
Last year we watched an Eagle Cam on a nest in Iowa. They hatched and raised three. My Wife enjoyed it very much and checked on them almost daily. They were in a tall Cottonwood and you could see traffic going by below and not too far away.

The first Bald Eagle I ever saw was in Colorado 25 years ago. I thought the Eagle was one mean bird and King of the sky. Now I realize they are actually a scavenger and prefer a dead carcass, less effort. A month ago one landed on Main Street of my little town and picked up a road killed squirrel. I had to stop driving to keep from hitting it. :)

/ Eagles Nest #5  
Eagles in Decorah Iowa moved their nest to a nearby tree. They have three more eggs currently and can be watched 27/7 at http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles enjoy. They have a map of the world and record hits from all over the world. I think the first should be close to hatching soon. They were concerned about the extreme cold after the first two eggs were laid that they may have frozen. Time will tell. They are experienced parrents having fledged 3 for the past several years.

namyessam http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

/ Eagles Nest #6  
That is an awesome shot!

Eagles eat good around here will all the suicide deer road kill. I've seen both bald & goldens on the same carcass. They're magnificent up close.

/ Eagles Nest #7  
We saw this nest on our place,this last Saturday. Red tail hawk's nest. They weren't too happy just having us in the area.
Your eagle pic is outstanding. There are quite a few around Missouri. The lock and dam that's about 15 to 20 mi south of Hannibal on the Mississippi had 60+ there a month or so ago.

Attachments

• image-134069568.jpg
    image-134069568.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 179
   / Eagles Nest #8  
We saw this nest on our place,this last Saturday. Red tail hawk's nest. They weren't too happy just having us in the area.
Your eagle pic is outstanding. There are quite a few around Missouri. The lock and dam that's about 15 to 20 mi south of Hannibal on the Mississippi had 60+ there a month or so ago.

There are many in the Lake Ozark area around the dam and we have seen quite a few along the Mississippi River in Jefferson Barrarks. They are great to see.

MoKelly

/ Eagles Nest #9  
Eagles in Decorah Iowa moved their nest to a nearby tree. They have three more eggs currently and can be watched 27/7 at Decorah Eagles, Ustream.TV: D18 HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRP confirmed hatch at 9:22 AM Wednesday, April 2, 2014 Want to comment on something about cha... enjoy. They have a map of the world and record hits from all over the world. I think the first should be close to hatching soon. They were concerned about the extreme cold after the first two eggs were laid that they may have frozen. Time will tell. They are experienced parrents having fledged 3 for the past several years.

namyessam Decorah Eagles, Ustream.TV: D18 HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRP confirmed hatch at 9:22 AM Wednesday, April 2, 2014 Want to comment on something about cha...

I'm pretty sure this is the pair we watched last year. Did anyone say why they might have moved their nest?? Looks like a LOT of work to start over!!!

/ Eagles Nest #10  
I have seen two bald eagles here in NW Florida. The first one was 11 years ago when we were building the house. On one of our Panama City trips for building material, we saw one beside Highway 20, eating roadkill. Cars and trucks were going by doing 65-70 mph and he was paying them no mind. The other one was last year on my road. There was a doe on the shoulder of the road, and he was standing on the body having a snack. He only flew when I stopped right beside him. They are very cool to see. Hope we get more of them down here.

Larro