White 2-75 in SD

/ White 2-75 in SD #1  

thebonepile

Tractor
Deutz 7120 from junkyard
Here is my 1988 2-75 White (a utility version made by Iseki) with about 4300 hours on it scoopng some snow in South Dakota.

Attachments

• 35-33004-white1.jpg
    35-33004-white1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 410
   / White 2-75 in SD
White 2-75 in fall

Here it is in the other season of the year.....

Attachments

• 35-33006-White2.jpg
    35-33006-White2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 742
   / White 2-75 in SD #3  
First of welcome to TBN./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Looks like you have some good ole snow drifts,and I'm sure you have notice thru out the years when the wind blows the snow from the fields,it always seems to end up around the barn & house and driveway,/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif never into the woods hardly nor on state or town roads so they have to plow.
But than again it does make spreading cow manure alot easier w/out the snow in the fields.

Bundle up and watch out for that windchill out there.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ White 2-75 in SD #4  
BonePile, welcome to the board! Great looking tractor and plenty of snow to "play" in it looks like. Is that your barn in the background? If so, do you know the dimensions?

I'm not familiar with your tractor. How many horses etc? Looks to be bigger than most of ours.

Once again, welcome and keep the photos coming /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ White 2-75 in SD #5  
Bonepile, I don't know why we just don't hear much about the White tractors. On this forum, it may be because most of us have "compact" tractors (although the forum welcomes all sizes), and most of the Whites I see are big Ag tractors. We do have a dealer in the area (about 40 miles from me) and I see quite a few of them in the fields around here. And about 4 years ago, I was helping a neighbor in the hay fields and I was using his old 50hp White to pull the hay rake, and then to move the bales when we got through baling, and it was a darned nice tractor. Someone told me that they bought out Oliver and that most of the parts are interchangeable. Does anyone know whether that's true? I've never thought to ask that dealer when I was in there.

Bird

/ White 2-75 in SD #6  
Re: White 2-75 in fall

That picture is pretty enough to be a postcard...
Nice shot.

Rick

/ White 2-75 in SD
Re: Company

Well, nowadays the company you would goto is AGCO
White Farm Equipment bought out Minneapolis Moline about 72 or so ( we have a Minneapolis Moline tractor with a big White sheet metal sign screwed to it... they also bought Oliver about that same time (we have an Oliver 7300 combine - and you can still buy parts for them, because when White bought Oliver they still made the same combine for a couple of years (only they were red) so all the replaceemtn parts you buy for our green combine are red.....

I do not know about the real history of older White tractors, about the mid 70's they came on the scene and made a cheaper product which farmers in some areas (we are close to one of those areas) kind of bought into - they made all sizes - I was at an auction in June that had a 16 hp one for sale and they made lawn mowers all the way upto real four wheel drives...

As far as parts go, I would doubt any Oliver parts would match much to the White series (but maybe in the earliest ones like our combine scenario) and especially because mine truly is an import it says Iseki right on the hood - I think I have serial number 903 so I don't think they made a lot of them.....

Just a couple more comments - I went to get a new seat and priced one out of curiousity at the nearby AGCO dealer - without armrests, just a new bottom and back (no suspension parts being replaced either they wanted $750 - I guess that is why aftermarket seats are pretty much the only option......

Yes, I noticed my tractor is a little bigger than most in this post as it is 75 hp -

/ White 2-75 in SD #8  
Re: Company

$750.oo for a plain seat, /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
you could almost buy two new front tires for that price.
There plenty of after market stores on the web w/much low prices.

She looks like your main tractor and 75hp I doubt if she really works hard.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif