Honeymoon Safari to South Africa

/ Honeymoon Safari to South Africa #91  
Yes, Karen was what most would call a city girl. Single mom who put herself through two Masters Degrees while raising four kids who never went on a vacation before we met, and never even thought about going hunting or living out in the country. She is still going to school and is about to start her last class for her PhD next week. She never shot a gun before we met, now she has her own rifle, a Remington youth model 700 in 7mm/08 that she will take out and practice on her own. Even when I'm not here, she might decide to do some target practicing. She has shot two hogs on the land, and several varmints like raccoons and beavers. Best shot I saw her make was on a swimming beaver at over 100 yards. Steady rest off of the Kawasaki Mule with just the head exposed as it swam left to right!!!! Now she wants to go to Alaska and hunt for a black bear, so we will be looking into that next week when we are at the Dallas Safari Club Convention Convention | Dallas Safari Club

Eddie

Funny to hear of a self-driven single mom with two master's degrees and a PhD in progress learning to be a country girl and going on safaris and bear hunts. I guess after all the hard/challenging adventures she had, now she's out for some "easy" ones! You got yourself a good gal there.

/ Honeymoon Safari to South Africa #92  
Congrats Eddy. I recall a few years ago how taken back you were with a recent break up. Funny how life works. You have come full circle and i hope happier than you've ever been. Would you have believed that if someone told you back then :'Eddy, don't lament for too long. In a couple of years you're going to be the happiest you've ever been"?

Last edited:
   / Honeymoon Safari to South Africa
Thank you. Life is full of surprises, that is for sure!! For the fist time, I have a true partner in life who is smarter then I am, with a strong drive to achieve the goals we set. One weekend when we where working on building the chicken coop, I had to run to a clients house to fix a problem, so Karen dug the trench under the wire, went to Lowes and bought the concrete, then mixed it and poured it by herself while I was gone. I came home to her hosing off the cement mixer and putting everything away!!! How can you get any better then that? :)

Eddie

/ Honeymoon Safari to South Africa #94  
Thank you. Life is full of surprises, that is for sure!! For the fist time, I have a true partner in life who is smarter then I am, with a strong drive to achieve the goals we set. One weekend when we where working on building the chicken coop, I had to run to a clients house to fix a problem, so Karen dug the trench under the wire, went to Lowes and bought the concrete, then mixed it and poured it by herself while I was gone. I came home to her hosing off the cement mixer and putting everything away!!! How can you get any better then that? :)

Eddie

Best keep that one Eddie. Those are hard to find.:thumbsup: