December 7

/ December 7 #21  
I aree. It's a significant battle when the rounds are pointed at you, regardless of location and time. I served in Vietnam, Desert Storm, 2 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Soldiers do not expect any special treatment. They just expect support.

When I came home from Vietnam I flew thru the LA airport. I was protested, called a Baby Killer and had tomatoes thrown at me. I kept it all to myself for 10 years after that. All Soldiers expect is support.

I often wonder if the people of this country today could withstand the requirements of a global war. Less than 1% of the citizens of the U.S. are serving the military today. Where's the draft when you need it??? We need a system that mandates citizen support.

Richard,

From one grunt to another, "Thank you for your service to our country" ! ! !:applause: As a small token of appreciation, I would like to send you some music CD's that I have put together. Send me a PM with e-mail address or snail mail address (if you don't mind) and I'll see that you get them. :thumbsup:

Too few people understand what it has taken and what it continues to take to keep the few freedoms we still have.

I too was very much mistreated when I came home from Nam. Walking across the tarmac at the airport there were people on the observation deck throwing rocks at me. :confused3: The worst part was that I was home on 'Emergency Leave', not knowing why. Found out when Mom got there to get me that Dad was in the VA Hospital dying from Hodgekins Disease.

I still would like to see that you get the music.

Dave