What sharpened their claws on these trees?

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees?
I live in this area, and am infact, about 300' from the eastern boundary of the park at this very moment . We spend the weekends here at our hunt camp skidooing and hiking.
That is more than likely a moose rub, but it is more common to see them from deer. In fact the bush here will be littered with deer rubs.
They rub in the fall at the beginning of the rut to pull the velvet from there horns and deposit there sent as well.

Google "moose rub" https://www.google.ca/search?q=moos...d=0CCoQyjc&ei=GO_EVKrvO5O3yATzroCQBA#imgdii=_

and a description 6 moose behaviours - Outdoor Canada

I think we all agree. There were some ATVing tracks from a earlier snow fall. I found these trees while taking a walk out the road from the camp and the only tracks were the old ATV tracks and our Jeep tracks coming in.

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #44  
Is it a moose rub or a moose chew? I wouldn't think a rub with antlers would be so evenly spaced out compared to a chew with teeth. I am familiar with deer rubs... the bark is shredded up and down the tree. That looks like tooth marks to me.

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #45  
Rub or chew, it's getting mighty moosey in this thread.

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #46  
i mentioned earlier that I thought it was the wrong time of year for moose to have antlers. Wrong. Yesterday there was a big ole boy in my yard in his full glory. He has not shed yet. Found a reference that said they shed from December to February. He walked through my 6 foot garden deer fence like it was not even there. Some fence mending to be done in the spring. Still 30 inches of snow on the ground and still 30 shy. Open winter this year.