What sharpened their claws on these trees?

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #1  

ohno

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35
We found several Claw marks 2.jpgClaw marks.jpg of these trees with these claw marks on them last Nov.14. It was east of Algonquin Park in North eastern Ontario. There were no tracks below the trees but the trees were just beside a logging road we were on.

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #2  
Hmmmm.. Interesting. Can't tell for sure how high off the ground the marks are?? With what information I have now, I'm saying since they are beside a logging road, they've been scraped by a man and machinery. Don't look like claw marks to me. But what do I know. :)

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #3  
I am inclined to agree with Richard -- the trees may have been scraped by the limbs of felled trees as they were being skidded to the landing deck.

The scars look fresh -- when was the area logged?

Steve

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees?
We are on a unused logging road that goes into to a hunting camp. The logging road is only used by us and there was about 10 inches of snow on the road going in. We were the first track in the snow going in. We didn't notice these until we were leaving. They are about 4 to 5 feet from the ground.

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #5  
I think that someone has marked these trees to cut out...... not sure what they used. Wanted the marks to be visible for when a crew comes in to take them out. [[ ??? ]]] If you noticed, there are some off the trail that are marked the same...

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #6  
Welcome to TBN (January 2014 and first post)
Marks on trees made by Bigfoot.

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #8  
Might be from antlers.
Claws would make narrower and shorter tears I think.
Moose, deer elk?

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees? #9  
Odd marks. Bear scratches are deeper from my experience. Buck rubs are usually on smaller more flexible trees and not this shape. I don't know what they are. The thing that's weird to me about them is the small saplings in front don't seem damaged and if the trees were hit by machinery there likely would have been more damage to the saplings. And the damage is all around the trees not just on one side. I haven't even seen moose rubs, anyone? Bueller?

/ What sharpened their claws on these trees?
There are moose in the area. Its the fact that under the trees there are no signs of big tracks, broken brush and fallen limbs. Antlers wouldn't be able to wrap around the tree though. The center of the marks are deep as the claw would make.