2015 Kidding Season

/ 2015 Kidding Season #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
The 2015 goat kidding season is upon us. This is what it is all about.
New One.jpg

/ 2015 Kidding Season #2  
Serious business....so...

I guess you weren't kidding when you said "Kidding" season.

/ 2015 Kidding Season #3  
Cute. How many do you expect to have?

Eddie

/ 2015 Kidding Season
We have 19 on the ground now and two does still holding theirs in the oven, Eddie. The one in the pic was the first.
2015 Kid Crop.jpg

/ 2015 Kidding Season #6  
That's a pretty cool climbing thing that you have for them. Nice seeing how much they like it

Eddie

/ 2015 Kidding Season #7  
Our neighbors have some goats, not sure what kind, but look somewhat like yours. The kids sure are cute. Their propane tank is located in their pasture and it's funny to watch the goats climb on it and play "king of the hill".

Down at my deer lease in the TX hill country, the rancher will have about 100- 200 kids born each year.

/ 2015 Kidding Season #8  
I overheard two very young kids, a boy and a girl, talking about the alphabet which they had just started to learn about in grade school. The boy said to her "There's 21 letters in the alphabet ." and she said "No, there's 26 letters, silly!" He said "Oh, I must have forgot the letters U R A Q T." She smiled and giggled and said ♥Aww, am I really?♥ to which he replied..."Just kidding!" :D

/ 2015 Kidding Season #9  
I overheard two very young kids, a boy and a girl, talking about the alphabet which they had just started to learn about in grade school. The boy said to her "There's 21 letters in the alphabet ." and she said "No, there's 26 letters, silly!" He said "Oh, I must have forgot the letters U R A Q T." She smiled and giggled and said ♥Aww, am I really?♥ to which he replied..."Just kidding!" :D

Later on in life, much later on in fact, that same little boy was married and on their 50th anniversary, his wife asked him to describe her. He looked at her for a while, then said, "you're an alphabet wife... A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K." She asks, "What the he!! does that mean?" He said, "Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delightful, Elegant, Fabulous, Gorgeous, and Hot". She smiled happily and said, "Oh that's so lovely, but what about I, J, K?" He said, "I'm Just Kidding!" :D

/ 2015 Kidding Season #10  
Hello weldingisfun, do your goats keep sensible hours for kidding? My sister used to run a small flock(approx 60 head) of saanen and cashmere goats. They would start kidding at about 10am and finish about 2 pm. It meant we could do the calving beat and shift and feed as required , check the goats then feed the late calving herd and the young stock , back ,late lunch ,check the goats then at dark, last check of the calving mob. The goats hours were a surprise when we first started, but greatly appreciated .Not conflicting with the cattle took a lot of stress off at a high stress time of year.