Finally got the backhoe

/ Finally got the backhoe #1  

grandad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610, BX2230
Have been thinking about adding a backhoe for nearly a year. Over the holidays, finally took the plunge. Had no luck finding an OK nearby dealer for Bradco or Woods, so I went to my Kub dealer to see if they could locate a Kubota subframe hoe for my L4610. Turned out to be a long search since the newest backhoe for the L30's doesn't retrofit to the L10's. But everything finally turned up and now I have this beast. Yes, it is built like a tank... something over 1,800 lbs.

Attachments

• 376554-bh_0009.jpg
    376554-bh_0009.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 937
   / Finally got the backhoe
The business end.

Attachments

• 376560-bh_0008.jpg
    376560-bh_0008.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 651
Down the switchback with a bucket of gravel.

Attachments

• 376562-bh_0020.jpg
    376562-bh_0020.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 630
   / Finally got the backhoe #4  
Congradulations. One of the local water districts has something that looks just like that. I was really impressed at it's capability.

You're a lucky man.

But you already knew that.

/ Finally got the backhoe #5  
Congrats! What a nice rig! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete

Thanks, Harv. Life is indeed good, with or without the toys. Five years ago, the man upstairs let me live through something that takes many lives, and every day since has been a gift.

Now, I have seen guys that can part your hair with a hoe. I am so far from being good with this it ain't funny.

/ Finally got the backhoe #7  
Grandad....that hog daddy makes my 7 1/2 footer look like a tonka toy. Just had mine 2 months, but can't wait to rip up the place when better digging weather arrives. We are both going to have fun. The bombing test range will look good compared to what my place will look like after pulling out those stumps. My wife still gets that look of fear when I mention the backhoe. Just don't dig yourself into a hole you can't get out of. Have fun.

sassafras

/ Finally got the backhoe #8  
Nice looking setup.
What are the specs on the hoe?

/ Finally got the backhoe #9  
Nice backhoe. I noticed you had some nice work lights on the front of the canopy. Did you install them yourself?

Thanks!

That's a typical L4610 with the 852 loader. The hoe is kinda rare... most folks get Woods, Bush Hog or Bradco aftermarket units, but I'm a nut. It's Kubota's factory unit for the L10 tractors with 18" bucket, digs to 8 1/2 ft, independent PTO pump, transport height 102" (doesn't go in the shed without dropping the boom!), 6060 lbs on the curl, 2430 lbs on the crowd, subframe integrates to the FEL frame... using the FEL and pads all 4 wheels are off the ground so there is no additional loading to the tractor.

They had to hunt down a different ROPS that is taller and has unique bolt pattern matched to the backhoe to put it on the tractor. But everything is a perfect, up close fit behind and underneath the tractor.

I downed a 70 ft, 18" diameter pine this afternoon with it by cutting the roots down to 2 ft. about 3 ft out from the trunk and then giving it a shove with the reverse curl. All over in about 30 minutes! Doing it that way is definitely not for windy days though!